PEAX Equipment

RIP RBG - no political responses please

Shortly before she died, Ginsburg dictated a statement to her granddaughter, Clara Spera. “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new President is installed,” she wrote.

She was totally political, to her last breath.
So as nicely as I can say
This exactly. Respect is earned...

Shortly before she died, Ginsburg dictated a statement to her granddaughter, Clara Spera. “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new President is installed,” she wrote.

She was totally political, to her last breath.
So as nicely as I can say
This is only a political statement if you choose to view it that way. I see her comment as - SC appointments should not be made so close to elections to AVOID politics as much as possible. It's the exact argument Mitch made in '16 when Marrick Garland was nominated - too close to the election (that one was 9 months, and this is just 2).

This is only a political statement if you choose to view it that way. I see her comment as - SC appointments should not be made so close to elections to AVOID politics as much as possible.
Well, the words "new President is installed" certainly does not mean re-election does it? A re-elected President is already "installed", just calling it like it is. Like I said, her respect is earned

Well, the words "new President is installed" certainly does not mean re-election does it? A re-elected President is already "installed", just calling it like it is. Like I said, her respect is earned
Your choice. I saw it for what it was - that it's too close (like Mitch said in '16) to the election.

Apologies to the OP, who wished only to point out America's loss.

I will celebrate her life of service and her dedication to our nation without stewing about where we disagreed on various legal rulings. She carried herself with dignity and served to the best of her ability. In the hours after her death this should be enough, the political rancor should be saved for later (and not on Hunttalk). As already mentioned, the relationship between her and Scalia should serve as a reminder that we do not have to dehumanize or vilify those we disagree with.

Good God we need to find a way to remember this.
The left-most and right-most 20% of Americans have devolved to a point of utter disdain for the other side. Presenting an almost pathological hatred that displaces civil norms. It is disheartening.

I have disagreed with many important rulings of RBG over the years, but for the love of God, this is a woman who gave her life in service to making this a more just nation. And she did so while overcoming undeniable prejudice as an up and coming female lawyer - nowhere except NASCAR and NFL locker rooms were the incumbent males less open to the idea of women as equals as the old school law firms of the 60s/70s. She carried herself with dignity and honor and elevated a generation of young female lawyers on her shoulders. She contributed a thousand times more to this country than any of those on this hunting forum who will take shots at her. I stand with Scalia -- I disagreed with her often, but she was a Justice of the highest caliber. May she rest in peace.

A flaming liberal to the end. She wouldn’t leave and looked very sick her last few years and then makes one more last liberal move by asking not to be replaced. What good could a SCJ do when you are that old and that sick and I’m sure she knew her time was short but still wouldn’t step down. Her and Scalia spent most of their life working close to each other they were bound to befriends after what seems like 110 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back