Rinella's Dall sheep story on OUTSIDE Magazines online page..

2rocky

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/media/books/The-Head-on-My-Shelf-20120813.html

Outside Online
Monday, August 13, 2012
The Head on My Shelf

For years, outdoorsman and hunter Steven Rinella dreamed of felling a Dall sheep, North America's most difficult game animal. After seeing his friends come home with horns of their own, in this excerpt from his new book, Meat Eater: Adventures of an American Hunter, he went all in and booked a trip to the Alaska Range.

Kinda like asking where you can hang your wolf hide at the Sierra club office. Comments were less than kind..

Who cares?!??? He killed an innocent animal!! What a F-head! - Dee Wise

Ahhhhhh, one has to love the haters! Sometimes their comments are so funny. I imagine Randy could post some pretty funny responses he has gathered over the years...

Interesting. Steven will be here in CO in a few weeks on a book tour, maybe I'll ask him about this, and other, article and the comments.

Not sure if anyone has every listened to Steven's interview with Joe Rogan, but it was pretty good. Very candid.

Anti's seem to come out of the wood work these days. I was delivering a load of mounts today and a lady passed me in a Honda hybrid with all these PETA, HSUS stickers and chit on it. She was shaking her head, I just smiled and waived

...... I imagine Randy could post some pretty funny responses he has gathered over the years...

The top one of this week was the lady who hopes I die of some incurable venereal disease.

How do you reply to one like that?

Big Fin- You could ask her if that is an offer and if so, tell her you pleasantly decline...This must have had something to do with the wolf issue?

You don't. You can't have a reasonable conversation with people like that and I'm sure you aren't in a position to respond the way others would. On another note, I'm looking forward to Rinella's new book. I really liked his first two.

I thought the article was pretty good. At least a couple of the comments were positive...

Yay for a new book, I just loved the other two. As Steve would say, it's hard to criticize someone who is against hunting who is actually a vegetarian.

All of the people I know who have a problem with hunting are cheeseburger chugging lazy-ass hypocrites.

Love his books, and like his philosophy on public, non-guided hunts.

Got to share this one concerning the antis:

My 9 year old daughter and I have been practicing dilligently with her slug gun for youth deer season coming up in about 6 weeks. Last Friday they were over at a neighbor's house, who is originally from a very sheltered home in a wealthy Western Suburb of Chicago. They now live downstate. When asked what we were doing this weekend my daughter said that she was going out to our range (at my parents' house in the country) to practice with her deer gun. The neighbor was aghast. Asked her if she was really going to kill a deer, and if she had ever seen "Bambi". My 9 year old said "well, yes I'm going to kill a deer. Where do you think meat comes from? My Grandpa (my father) raises cattle, and they are just like dinner". Could not have been more proud of her.

The neighbor was aghast. Asked her if she was really going to kill a deer, and if she had ever seen "Bambi".

You know, stuff like that pizzes me off. Why would the neighbor think she had the right to 'school' your daughter and potentially ruin something. special. I'm glad your daughter rebutted so maturely.

I liked the article...it was a good write-up. Good on him and the magazine for printing it!

Yeah we need to make sure that Outside knows there are folks who like that stuff.

You laugh and move on with a life that is 10 times more fulfilling than the person who made that comment will ever know. You can't reason with people who hate you without knowing you. True hunters have more appreciation for the wild game than nonhunters can ever comprehend.

The top one of this week was the lady who hopes I die of some incurable venereal disease.

How do you reply to one like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back