Rinella article.. CUT AND PASTED

It’d be interesting if Matt joined the discussion here. I’d be interested to hear his thoughts on how any deeply personal thing that people get obsessed with—like hunting—not get monetized in our system of capitalism. Anything that humans are interested in can and will be used to make a buck. I don’t see any answers to that. Some people and companies try to do better, but there are always those who will do whatever it takes to “win.” I have no optimism that will change.

I hadn’t been on Rokslide in a couple years, but had to check out the last couple pages on the thread over there. The jabs he is throwing around are pretty hilarious.

I can’t say that I really disagree with much that he has to say on the matter, Randy is one of the remaining “personalities” whose content I consume. Mainly because he discusses more conservation topics and history that oftentimes I was unaware of.

I kinda agree with Matt......in my neck of the woods the crowding centers more around fishing and I agree a lot is driven by social media, being a pro-staffer, and trying to sell more shit. The hunting influencer bro culture also bothers me as that becomes more influential in shaping the future of hunting.
The future of hunting isn't going to be shaped by anti-hunters IMO, it will be shaped by over-crowding (with social media as an influencer here) and subdivisions/real estate development

Snyder recently talked about how his wife gives her real estate clients his excess game meat. Is this even legal? Exchanging game meat as part of a business transaction sure seems to walk the line on legality.

I'm thinking hunting is in need of possession limits like in fishing and such. No reason anyone has to go out and kill a pile of animals just so they have content for their platform.

Snyder recently talked about how his wife gives her real estate clients his excess game meat. Is this even legal? Exchanging game meat as part of a business transaction sure seems to walk the line on legality.

I'm thinking hunting is in need of possession limits like in fishing and such. No reason anyone has to go out and kill a pile of animals just so they have content for their platform.
Yes it's legal, as long as it's not bartering or selling. People aren't buying houses from her solely because they got half an elk, and likely she is giving meat to people who don't end up buying from or with her.

There are big game possession limits, but like birds they are state to state. Grouse in MT then WY, then CO... etc. One could have a like 40+ grouse in their in their freezer legally if you hunted a bunch of states. Personally I'd be fine with an interstate bag limit on big game. 1 Bull elk per person nationwide, 1 bull moose, 6 whitetail in aggregate... etc.

eg. Wyoming
1640177425953.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it's legal, as long as it's not bartering or selling. People aren't buying houses from her solely because they got half an elk, and likely she is giving meat to people who don't end up buying from or with her.

She needs to be very careful however, as her generosity could come back to bite her in the butt, if she offers wildlife game meat to the wrong people. Some people are not content to just refuse the offer and agree to disagree on a subject. They have to try to destroy that person, because they have a different believe on a subject. I am of the generation that is suppose to agree with the "wok" crowd, but whether it is because I was born and raised in the great state of Texas, or who my parents and grandparents are and how they raised me , but to steal phrase from my grandmother, I personally think the "wok" crowd is one sandwich short of a picnic. The latest being the man who "identifies" as a woman, and swims on the woman swim team, and of course breaking previous records set by females--the new "they"-'them' pronouns, instead of "he" or "she"

I apologize for the rant, I just left a meeting, that ended up being more about "feelings" than "substance"

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back