MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Rifle upgrade! Tikka T3x

Windplex 4.5x14
Sweet scope. I plan on getting the same scope for my new Weatherby as soon as my Leupold VX-3i cds zl 4.5x14-40 I have listed on ebay sells. I would just use it but it is in a burnt bronze cerekote which won't match my new rifle barrel. I can't wait to get mine.

I've got a T3X in 6.5x55. I think they're brilliant rifles; accurate, reliable and a beautifully simple design. Good hunting.

I also just ordered T3x in 308 (left hand) but looks like I’ll wait a while due to backorder. I am opting for a GRS Sporter laminate stack, a Tract Toric 3-15x50 scope, and an aluminum bottom metal. Wish me luck.

I also just ordered T3x in 308 (left hand) but looks like I’ll wait a while due to backorder. I am opting for a GRS Sporter laminate stack, a Tract Toric 3-15x50 scope, and an aluminum bottom metal. Wish me luck.
I have the same scope on my Tikka. Great scope for the money.

I have a couple Tikkas in superlite. A 300WM and a 6.5 Creedmoor. And I have several friends with Tikka Superlites. Great off the shelf guns!

I’m currently torn between a Remington 700 5R Gen 2 in .308 and the Tikka T3X Lite Roughtech Ember but this thread might’ve pushed me towards the tikka

I have a Tikka T3 Hunter with wood furniture. It is a LH model and it is my go to rifle for coyotes and etc. Have been able to hit some steel out to 600 yards (at some shooting lessons) - it is a 243.

I bought a Tikka superlite in 300 WM last fall for an awesome price. I decided to upgrade it. I bought a take off 300 WM medium heavy barrel (D-18) like the ones from their widelads rifle. Happened to find a widelands stock and replaced the horrible buttpad with a limbsaver. Ordered a angled bolt handle and a carbon fiber bolt knob. I replaced the plastic bottom metal with one from Mountain Tactical. I had LRI flute the bolt for then took it to my local cerakote guy for a black graphite bath and she was done. I didn't like the bronze cerakote. All together I have built a Tikka Widelands It is topped with a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44. I sold the original stock and barrel to help offset the cost of this build. I've seen Factory rifles like mine going for $1100-1300. That is about what I have in this rifle. I have learned that the Tikka design is simplistic and efficient. All in all, I think it turned out perfect.

blacksheep

Attachments

• Tikka-T3x-Superlite 300 win mag.png
    Tikka-T3x-Superlite 300 win mag.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 13
  • tikka-done2.jpg
    tikka-done2.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 13
Tikka's made by Sako which builds fine rifles. All I've ever read about Tikka's is that they shoot very well. I see you shot some 165 gr. bullets out of it. If it's a 30-06 somewhere in the range of 56-58 grs. of IMR4350 or H4350 seems to be a sweet spot. My personal 30-06 used 57.4 grs. of IMR4350 shooting a 165 gr. Partition or Accubond. Both shoot very well. Best of luck with your fine new rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back