Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Rifle Javelina end of Feb.

JLG

We have a week long rifle hunt for Javelina that starts about the 20th of February. It will be my first tag chasing a four-legged critter since last Feb. Just had a fall turkey tag in 2003.
My hunting buddy has been on sick leave for almost six months and as luck would have it his return date for work is the beginning of March. Usually, Javelina season is a 3 day adventure, but because he has the time available and I have one whole vacation day and 5 sick days burning a hole in my pocket, this year will get the expanded version. Maybe not the whole season, but at least 5 days, maybe more. I love hunting pigs and the weather doesn't get any better than the Az desert in Feb. I have done well in our unit, in the last 5 years I have gotten a pig 4. Really, I am just excited about going hunting and I am also excited about the trip lasting longer than 3 days. Good Luck, JLG.

A few of us, in Fla, are headed out next month too. Our 1st get togather. Would love to see some pics, when you get back. I miss AZ. ( 'cept Pheonix in August!!).

G46

This time of year AZ seduces you. About May you start to feel like something is wrong, by August you realize the b---- pulled one over on you. Than November rolls around again and you love her all over again, truely a love/hate relationship. Good Luck, JLG.

Countdown to javelina, less than 100 hours. I got a big job I am running here in the valley my only real concern about leaving. I got some good boys so the three days I am gone should not be horriable. Colds getting better, starting to beable to talk again. 5 days in the AZ desert sure sounds good to me. Hopefully, have a good story when I get back. I could promise you pictures, but I don't have a digitial camera or a scanner. I will have pictures, but no way to post. I asking for a digital for father's day. I bought my kids, cars and guns, it's pay back time, Good Luck, JLG.

Good luck, JLG. I got skunked in Archery season (37B) Lots of sign (much of it older). Saw a couple of singles, and 2 small herds. Hunted about 6 days, total.

Our hunt went pretty good. We went 2 of 4. On the second day I glassed up a herd of 6 bedded under a small palo verde tree. They were about 300 yards out across a canyon. They didn't know we were there so we cut the distance to 125 yards. I took a nice boar on my second shot. I was using a 50 gr. Barnes XLC, in my .223. The bullet went in about 2 inches above the sternum behind the right shoulder, went through the chest cavity and lodged in the left shoulder blade. Pig dropped like a box of rocks. The Barnes expanded perfectly and didn't fragment at all, very happy with the bullets' performance. Weather was great Friday, Saturday and Sunday, than caught rain on Monday and Tuesday. The Az desert in February is awesome, Good Luck, JLG.

Gato, It was 36c, near the Elkhorn Ranch. I have hunted that unit off and on for 17 years for both pigs and Couse Deer. Nice area, just have to be aware of our friends coming across the border. It is an easy tag to draw for both HAM hunts and General Rifle for Javelina, Good Luck, JLG.

Tom, have pictures on the camera, but don't have access to a scanner. Pulling for digitial for Father's Day. Gato how did you do? Good Luck, JLG.

JLG, I don't know what part of the valley you are in, but I'm in east Mesa and I have a hellova scanner.. I'd be happy to scan the photos for you..

:cool:

Thanks Dan, there still in the camera, need to knock down the rest of the shots, Good Luck, JLG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back