Rifle jam and bear attack.

Bullet didn't expand. I was really second guessing everything. It reacted after the shot in a good way (for me anyway) jumped, kicked and bolted. It was just within 100 yards away, so there was no way I made a poor shot. As I was tracking it I was thinking someone messed with my scope or dropped my gun or something. But nope, perfect shot, the bullet just went right through the deer without expanding at all. Exit hole was the same size as the entry hole.

He says a lot of asinine things. He mentioned how they don't have the ability to shoot 500 yards, and should leave their $8k boat anchor at home. They certainly have the right gun and skillset to shoot 500 yards effectively.
Just stop...you're embarrassing yourself.

Those clowns do NOT have the skillset, knowledge, or ability to shoot that far. If they did, it would have been a one shot deal and a dead bear. Instead it was 3 crappy shots, a jammed gun, an animal having to suffer from their bad shooting, and they're lucky they didn't get themselves hurt.

That's not having the ability, that's a clown show, and they should be as embarrassed as you are defending that chit.

ā˜ļø This kind of crap is why. Post #105
The couple things you shoot best is your mouth, and yourself in the foot.

Tell us again how 3 vital hits allow an animal to cover 500 yards. Tell us all again how the clowns in the video are "great shots" and "have the ability" and "skillset" with their rifle that jams after 3 shots.

Do you realize how delusional you sound?

ā˜ļø This kind of crap is why. Post #105
Ask yourself why you care if these guys are good shots or not? It's on video. Unless there's some sort of familial tie I cannot imagine why one would be so loyal.

It was bad shooting plain and simple. It's OK to admit it. You even said so yourself they made a lot of mistakes and owned up to it in the video, we're simply critiquing the one thing they didn't own up to in the video.

No one here is disagreeing that animals all do strange things when shot (especially mortally) but we are calling out the extent that bear is alleged to have been wounded. It's outrageous and I think even you know that. I think you're just choosing to die on this hill for some weird reason.

The couple things you shoot best is your mouth, and yourself in the foot.

Tell us again how 3 vital hits allow an animal to cover 500 yards. Tell us all again how the clowns in the video are "great shots" and "have the ability" and "skillset" with their rifle that jams after 3 shots.

Do you realize how delusional you sound?
Even when I'm not responding to you, you continue to push for dialogue with me. Is Biden giving you lessons on sentence structure?

A couple of bad shots doesn't mean the person lacks the skillset to be effective. Like I've said 3 times now, I'm not saying this specific scenario was executed in a good manner. Read the last sentence again, because you're clearly missing it. You're clearly not paying any attention to what I'm saying and just doing your typical shit posting.

There's a very clear reason why lots of people on this site don't like you or ever engage in a conversation with you.

If someone canā€™t make one out of three a kill shot, I think itā€™s fair to say they lack the skill set.

If someone canā€™t make one out of three a kill shot, I think itā€™s fair to say they lack the skill set.
So when Randy missed his goat 3 times last year, you're saying he lacks the skill set? He missed 3 times at only 350 yards. With your logic, he lacks the skill set.

Even when I'm not responding to you, you continue to push for dialogue with me. Is Biden giving you lessons on sentence structure?

A couple of bad shots doesn't mean the person lacks the skillset to be effective. Like I've said 3 times now, I'm not saying this specific scenario was executed in a good manner. Read the last sentence again, because you're clearly missing it. You're clearly not paying any attention to what I'm saying and just doing your typical shit posting.

There's a very clear reason why lots of people on this site don't like you or ever engage in a conversation with you.
In this case, it was 3 bad shots with a POS rifle that jammed after those 3 bad shots. Shots taken by a guy that clearly does not have the skill set, the hunting/shooting experience, nor the abilities.

Total tool...and apparently train wrecks like this are the norm with that same tool behind the trigger.

That's a problem. Living in denial and still thinking you have the "skill set" when you need multiple shots per animal, make bad hits, etc. and not doing things to change those crappy outcomes...not smart.

There really should be a law...and this type of video does nothing but harm the case for hunting. Totally unethical, unreasonable, and unwarranted behavior.

Comes as no shock you would defend such behavior as vigorously as you are here...

So when Randy missed his goat 3 times last year, you're saying he lacks the skill set? He missed 3 times at only 350 yards. With your logic, he lacks the skill set.
I would say in that situation, absolutely did not have the skill set.

That's what you don't get. Hunting isn't sitting at a bench.

Each situation is different and there are times when 200 yards shots are too far. The wisdom doesn't come from being a big-mouth and saying how deadly you are from a bench, how hot of a load you shoot, or how expensive your rifle is.

When it comes to killing animals you have to be smart about it, knowing when, and more importantly, when not to shoot is critical.

That video is a prime example of poor decision making all the way around. Was a bad choice of shots, there were ways to get much closer, there was ZERO consideration of wind, no familiarity with the jammed up boat anchor, and the list goes on and on and on.

There's nothing positive about that video, absolutely nothing except the point that shooting long range for idiots like that should be outlawed.

Last edited:
Comes as no shock you would defend such behavior as vigorously as you are here...
Still to this point, 3 pages later, I'm not defending them.

I would say in that situation, absolutely did not have the skill set.

That's what you don't get. Hunting isn't sitting at a bench.

Each situation is different and there are times when 200 yards shots are too far. The wisdom doesn't come from being a big-mouth and saying how deadly you are from a bench, how hot of a load you shoot, or how expensive your rifle is.

When it comes to killing animals you have to be smart about it, knowing when, and more importantly, when not to shoot is critical.

That video is a prime example of poor decision making all the way around. Was a bad choice of shots, there were ways to get much closer, there was ZERO consideration of wind, no familiarity with the jammed up boat anchor, and the list goes on and on and on.

There's nothing positive about that video, absolutely nothing except the point that shooting long range for idiots like that should be outlawed.
This feels weird to say, but I fully agree with you on the bold pieces.

I'm fully aware hunting is a totally different scenario than target shooting.

I don't know the ballistics of a 338 RUM at 500 yards, but @mtmuley does. Maybe he can provide some insight on wind drift at 500 yards. Lets call it a 20 mph wind? They had to have taken it into consideration. Not saying they should've shot in that much wind, but I'm guessing they accounted for it, otherwise I think they would've missed completely. (If it was a cross wind).

Still to this point, 3 pages later, I'm not defending them.

This feels weird to say, but I fully agree with you on the bold pieces.

I'm fully aware hunting is a totally different scenario than target shooting.

I don't know the ballistics of a 338 RUM at 500 yards, but @mtmuley does. Maybe he can provide some insight on wind drift at 500 yards. Lets call it a 20 mph wind? They had to have taken it into consideration. Not saying they should've shot in that much wind, but I'm guessing they accounted for it, otherwise I think they would've missed completely. (If it was a cross wind).
Shows they don't shoot enough in the wind, that's a fact. Bullet drop is physics, wind is voodoo.

Guys like that typically shoot on calm days from a bench and proclaim they are now experts at shooting animals at any range, and condition, then wonder why things go bad.

They should come out and shoot a bit on a nice windy day in Wyoming...I'm sure I'd get some good laughs.

Oh, and give or take, with a 250 grain bullet from a RUM at 3k FPS, .5 BC...about 30 inches of drift in a full value 90 degree wind.

Not a good decision to shoot that far in the wind.

Last edited:

Pretty sure he said he didnā€™t practice enough at steep angles himself. I also donā€™t feel heā€™s above reproach. None of us are.

This gets back to the ā€œsh*t happens and sometimes is out of our controlā€ and the ā€œIā€™m going to send it anyways and see what happensā€ argument. Thereā€™s a difference.

They chose to send it anyways. They posted it for the world to see. You seem more defensive than they are.

Yes, for that circumstance. If you have the skill set youā€™ll realize WTF is wrong and correct it.

Back