Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Restocking the fish&chips.

Brittany Chukarman

Finally got a weather break on the coast and headed over to Depoe Bay. I actually had to pick up a tractor implement over that way so killed 2 birds with one stone. Caught black rockfish, canary's and lingcod. Our crab pots brought up 50 on Tuesday and 58 on Wednesday. If I lived closer I'd go every week, such a good time.

Attachments

• IMGP0519.JPG
    IMGP0519.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • IMGP0523.JPG
    IMGP0523.JPG
  • IMGP0512.JPG
    IMGP0512.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMGP0527.JPG
    IMGP0527.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMGP0518.JPG
    IMGP0518.JPG
I’m super jealous of those crabs. Are numbers getting better? I’ve really heard nothing but bad crab reports the past couple years

Damn, that’s a lot of crab!

Were you setting them in the bay, or off the marina? I haven’t had much luck off the marinas and crab docks the last year or two.

I’m super jealous of those crabs. Are numbers getting better? I’ve really heard nothing but bad crab reports the past couple years
I heard they were better early March. We put out about 8 pots so it really wasn't great. But being Spring they are still nice and full-meated.

Damn, that’s a lot of crab!

Were you setting them in the bay, or off the marina? I haven’t had much luck off the marinas and crab docks the last year or two.
The charter boat sets the pots out on the way to the fishing grounds ( reefs or rockpiles) then we pull the pots on the way back in. These were set 55' deep.

Back