Caribou Gear

rep-markkanen-urges-dnr-use-up-wolves-re-establish-population-lower-peninsula

I'm a resident of the Lower Peninsula. I'm of the opinion that this is a political ploy to attempt to force Democratic policy makers to go on record as saying wolves are good but not in my backyard/keep them in the UP.
The largest support for wolves in Michigan does come from the liberal side of the aisle which is overwhelming in the Lower Peninsula. They like the idea of wolves knowing they don't have to live with the direct consequences of them.
There's not a snowball's chance in hell that this will pass. The Legislature and Governor are both Democrat controlled, and no matter how much they love wolves as long as they're in the UP, the rich liberals living or owning second homes in Traverse City, Harbor Springs, etc won't want wolves in their area.
The DNR won't support a wolf population that in any way threatens the elk herd.

My opinion is wolves should be managed as a big game animal through regulated hunting & trapping. I'm an upland bird hunter. I've never seen a wolf during any hunt while in the UP although I'm certain from tracks my dogs and I have been followed a couple of times.

I applaud the Representative's efforts, but it has no chance in my opinion.

200 yds from my cabin in daylight.

yes, it's a political ploy to tell the state to move on the issue

Attachments

• 9 wolves.jpg
    9 wolves.jpg
    933.7 KB · Views: 24
200 yds from my cabin in daylight.

yes, it's a political ploy to tell the state to move on the issue
We all know how this will go in Lansing….. we need a change in government before we see anything substantial on wolf management.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back