Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Remington model seven ss hs precision

Nick28

Looking at getting the Remington model seven ss hs precision in a 308 caliber to use for my western hunting trips. Just curious if anyone has experience with this gun. I'm looking for a pretty lightweight rifle because I plan on carrying it A LOT of miles. This one looks like its around 6 pounds so I dont think that is too bad. Just curious on how it shoots and if there is anything special that I should know about it.

I have an older M7 SS in 7-08 and it has been a fantastic little rifle. Mine is probably about 20 years old though. Still wears the factory stock but I installed a timney trigger a few years back. I haven’t looked at the new ones and have no idea about HS stocks. My rifle has done everything I have needed it to out to 300 yds in the last 20 years or so.

I bought a 7-08 about 3 years ago and a 308 last year in Model Seven SS. These had the cheap plastic stocks on them. The 7-08 got a McMillan edge filled stock and the 308 got a B&C stock. They both weigh about the same and are very accurate.

The HS version looks pretty slick. Buy with confidence.

If weight is your concern tikka is also a good choice. The tikka is about a 100 bucks less, the super light is 6 ounces lighter, has 2.4 inches more barrel, and the tikka has a better factory trigger. The remington does have a better stock and real bottom metal. Either should be a great rifle.

I have one in .260 Remington.
Absolutely love it. Light weight and super good shooter.
But, .308 has a bit more recoil. Muzzle rise may be troublesome with a short light rifle like that.
Otherwise I can't see anyone regretting a model seven purchase.

One of my concerns with this gun is for sure the accuracy of it. Have heard that if you shoot 400-600 yards with it, it's not the best. Makes sense with that short of a barrel though I guess.

One of my concerns with this gun is for sure the accuracy of it. Have heard that if you shoot 400-600 yards with it, it's not the best. Makes sense with that short of a barrel though I guess.

It’s not necessarily the barrel length. It’s the overall balance and weight of a gun, coupled with bedding and trigger quality.

I’ve got a Model 7 308 that I switched the trigger to a Timney and switched the wood stock out for an HS Precision prior to Remington offering their HS version. It’s a great little hunting rifle that I’ve killed a lot of game with. It’s a compact hunting rifle, not a target rifle though. They’re more than accurate enough for the intended purpose. If you plan on doing a lot of shooting in the 4-600 yd range, I’d choose another model a light rifle is harder to be consultant with and the effects of a shooters input are magnified by its lack of mass.

This is two of my Model Seven SS setups. 7 SAUM on the right and 7-08 on the left.

Attachments

• CF48C185-3A7C-4272-B8E5-8B717E2EA2A2.png
    CF48C185-3A7C-4272-B8E5-8B717E2EA2A2.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back