Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

Agreed, but this time he said he physically had it in his hand and was going to ship it. So I put a little more faith in him.
Ha! I was told that “the FFL guy” had it and had just got off the phone with my FFL and it would ship by the end of the week…MONTHS AGO. Two weeks later Stan said he didn’t know why I was told that. Lol. Still no news and no rifle.

Ha! I was told that “the FFL guy” had it and had just got off the phone with my FFL and it would ship by the end of the week…MONTHS AGO. Two weeks later Stan said he didn’t know why I was told that. Lol. Still no news and no rifle.
I would be a the squeaky wheel if I were you. That’s how this game is played.

I would be a the squeaky wheel if I were you. That’s how this game is played.
I’ve seen zero reports of anyone receiving the rifle in question, so I’m confident that PT&G hasn’t had any yet. I’m just a little appalled that someone would tell an employee to tell such a story to people on the phone, and find it implausible that the employee would make up such a story on their own.

THAT STORY SOLD SOME PRODUCT THOUGH. I wasn’t going to order a reamer, gauges, bottom metal and stock until I knew I was going to get the barreled action. I purchased everything but the stock from PT&G based on the conversation, and got the stock elsewhere, again, based on that conversation.

I have also already completed the alternative to that rifle(which I was excited about) so I’ll likely just end up selling it if I ever get it.

Last edited:
From Stan today:

"They shipped a few that I got last week. Remington shorted us almost 600-700 pieces, so I made a stink. There is 2 more pallets of them supposed to deliver next week"

From Stan today:

"They shipped a few that I got last week. Remington shorted us almost 600-700 pieces, so I made a stink. There is 2 more pallets of them supposed to deliver next week"
I’m sure Remington would simply have ignored their contractual obligations had Stan not “made a stink”. Lol.

Fingers crossed my order shows up eventually so that I’m not sitting on $1050 in parts that I get to sell at a loss.

I’m sure Remington would simply have ignored their contractual obligations had Stan not “made a stink”. Lol.

Fingers crossed my order shows up eventually so that I’m not sitting on $1050 in parts that I get to sell at a loss.
Let me know if you need to sell those parts. I haven’t started putting mine together yet 👍

Let me know if you need to sell those parts. I haven’t started putting mine together yet 👍
The magazine, bottom metal, reamer and gauge are pretty cartridge specific, and that’s over half the investment. If I don’t need them, you likely won’t either. :(

What you have on the burner?
338Lapua on order. Extended length magnum magazine and bottom metal. The bottom metal only works with that longer magazine, which I think only works with a 338LAPUA and a couple other cartridges based on the same case. You may be able to get the right length mags that will work with smaller bodied magnum cases, but it’s a niche bottom metal for sure. I also don’t think anyone wanting to finish their PT&G barreled actions is going to need my 338Lapua reamer and go-gauge if PT&G doesn’t send me a 338Lapua.

I would have done CIP length bottom metal and magazine, but they didn’t have them in-stock and my barreled action was supposedly on its way.

338Lapua on order
Ha. I'm waiting on two of these. Called just now. Stan said they came in last week and they're currently with the "bolt guy" who is trying to find bolts for them. He said they should ship out within the next 3 weeks.

Apparently the ATF is on site either next week or the week after next so they don't anticipate being able to ship anything out while they're on site auditing their books. They are going to have a field day with all the wrong actions being sent to people.

Ha. I'm waiting on two of these. Called just now. Stan said they came in last week and they're currently with the "bolt guy" who is trying to find bolts for them. He said they should ship out within the next 3 weeks.

Apparently the ATF is on site either next week or the week after next so they don't anticipate being able to ship anything out while they're on site auditing their books. They are going to have a field day with all the wrong actions being sent to people.
They’ve known for months now that they weren’t coming with bolts, and I paid for a complete PT&G bolt anyway. They’ve had five months to make a darned bolt. There is no excuse for them to be with “the bolt guy” trying to find bolts for them.

Last edited:
They’ve know for months now that they weren’t coming with bolts, and I paid for a complete PT&G bolt anyway. They’ve had five months to make a darned bolt. There is no excuse for them to be with “the bolt guy” trying to find bolts for them.
Especially seeing none of the ones I got fit. Lol. However that is the same story I got about my 222s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back