Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

Anyone shot theirs yet? Built one for my neighbor and shot it yesterday. 26” Black Oxide 300 Win Mag, had PTG blueprint and finish chamber it. Bedded it into a Bell and Carlson stock and rummaged around my shop to find the rest of the pieces.

Handloaded some 200gr Sierras at book max powder charge and book COAL (so no load development at all). Didn’t break in the barrel. Zeroed and the first group was a 1/2” 3 shot group at 100 yards.

I’ve got 4 more to build (haven’t even received 2 of them yet 🙄). I hope they all turn out that accurate!

Anyone shot theirs yet? Built one for my neighbor and shot it yesterday. 26” Black Oxide 300 Win Mag, had PTG blueprint and finish chamber it. Bedded it into a Bell and Carlson stock and rummaged around my shop to find the rest of the pieces.

Handloaded some 200gr Sierras at book max powder charge and book COAL (so no load development at all). Didn’t break in the barrel. Zeroed and the first group was a 1/2” 3 shot group at 100 yards.

I’ve got 4 more to build (haven’t even received 2 of them yet 🙄). I hope they all turn out that accurate!
I decided that I wanted a longer barrel for my first. I finished the chamber, but did not shoot it and decided to sell it.

The second one took so long to show up that I built an alternative(that has now taken three mule deer) so I’ll likely just end up selling the second one once it’s complete.

I should have all the parts by Christmas to put it together and will definitely report back.

RE: Model 7 bolts

That is the problem, we are having to make the bolts, Remington says we have them on their way, but this has been a month since they said that. And they can never come up with a tracking number. So that tells me they haven’ shipped them yet

Stan St.Clair
FFL Department
Pacific Tool And Gauge
White City, OR

Got an email this morning with my invoice. The part numbers match what I ordered, and all said keep factory. I’m assuming this means factory bolts. Suspense is killing me.

I got an email from Stan last week saying they hadn't gotten any bolts from Remington and were having to manufacture them?

Soon as we get a batch made, we put them in something and ship. We are also getting some from Remington, but who knows when. They are working as fast as possible making them here. Remington told us most would have bolts in them… not a one had a bolt.

Stan told me they got 6000 or so barreled actions and over 5000 didn’t have bolts. Apparently the current delay is because they’re having to make bolts before they ship.

My last two have been “shipping later this week” since October. I swear every time I call to check on them they put me back at the end of the line.

Stan told me they got 6000 or so barreled actions and over 5000 didn’t have bolts. Apparently the current delay is because they’re having to make bolts before they ship.

My last two have been “shipping later this week” since October. I swear every time I call to check on them they put me back at the end of the line.
I was going for squeeky wheel gets the grease but I'm pretty sure it just gets you to the back of the line. Stan sure is johnny on the spot replying to emails though.

I’m sure they’ll show up with bare bolts, then I’ll have to wait another 6 months to get the fire control group (firing pin, cocking piece, bolt shroud, etc).

I was going for squeeky wheel gets the grease but I'm pretty sure it just gets you to the back of the line. Stan sure is johnny on the spot replying to emails though.
Cause via email it doesn’t actually have to be Stan.

Got my last 3 today. All model 7’s, 257 Roberts with a stripped factory bolt, 6mm Rem SS with a ptg, and a 7-08 SS with a ptg. The ptg bolts came with stainless knobs and shrouds, instead of @brockel ‘s favorite dog dick red. 😉
You sure they’re factory Remington bolts and not PT&G two-piece Remington style? PT&G offers a cheaper bolt that is a PT&G bolt body with a factory Remington handle. It’s still a much better bolt than a Remington bolt, even if it is a step down from a one-piece.

You sure they’re factory Remington bolts and not PT&G two-piece Remington style? PT&G offers a cheaper bolt that is a PT&G bolt body with a factory Remington handle. It’s still a much better bolt than a Remington bolt, even if it is a step down from a one-piece.
Probably is ptg. It is cut for a Sako style extractor.

Finally got my last shipping notification today after I called for the 100th time and asked how much longer it would be, since they have been "waiting on bolts" and "shipping next week" since October.

Finally got my last shipping notification today after I called for the 100th time and asked how much longer it would be, since they have been "waiting on bolts" and "shipping next week" since October.
I got my last one in Nov, BUT the bolt is not functional, and they STILL have not replaced it. I sent it to them, and got it back one week later, un-fixed. I called Stan and emailed pictures and he said they would send me another one the following week. That was about a month ago. Today he told me he would ship me one tomorrow. We shall see.

I got my last one in Nov, BUT the bolt is not functional, and they STILL have not replaced it. I sent it to them, and got it back one week later, un-fixed. I called Stan and emailed pictures and he said they would send me another one the following week. That was about a month ago. Today he told me he would ship me one tomorrow. We shall see.
I won’t be surprised when I get bad bolts after complaining and then magically having them ready the day after I called.

Back