Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

That’s what I said! I figured going in but you always want to hope lol they are not barreled actions they are stripped barreled receivers. Ordered on 5/24 I think it was
That was after the date they said they would guarantee a bolt. I’m not to worried as I ordered mine before the change.

I paid the 350 I was going to order that day anyways then saw they lowered the price. No matter it will be a fun project with the kids to show them how everything works I think. I see they lowered the price now again… figures might pick up a left handed one for a project 9.3x66 for my self 😁

I paid the 350 I was going to order that day anyways then saw they lowered the price. No matter it will be a fun project with the kids to show them how everything works I think. I see they lowered the price now again… figures might pick up a left handed one for a project 9.3x66 for my self 😁
I’m hoping the extra $50 I spent gets me a bolt or two.

If your wondering on your order status here is what they told me. Stan is waiting on some paperwork for the actions. Once he has that he will be calling those with orders placed earlier. The 400 does include the bolt.
Hopefully that is true. I ordered 5/17 and Stan said it’s should ship in the next 2 weeks…

At the $350 price you had to specifically select “no bolt”. I would think that made it rather obvious that you were not going to get a bolt. If your action had one in it, they removed it.

At the $350 price you had to specifically select “no bolt”. I would think that made it rather obvious that you were not going to get a bolt. If your action had one in it, they removed it.
Well when I spoke with them they told me “ no if it came with one they’d ship it with one” now I do not believe that at all but they wanted you to add one of their bolts is how it read, again they said it was a “barreled action” not a barreled receiver… there was nothing “ obvious” about it… it was ambiguous and still is… now did I take a gamble, you bet, and did I know going in what to expect, you bet. If you had read it it said: “add ptg bolt:” now why would I want to do that when they are implying it’s a barreled action… not a barreled receiver?

am I mad not at all… there’s a saying out there about being to good to be true… 🤣

Last edited:
Well when I spoke with them they told me “ no if it came with one they’d ship it with one” now I do not believe that at all but they wanted you to add one of their bolts is how it read, again they said it was a “barreled action” not a barreled receiver… there was nothing “ obvious” about it… it was ambiguous and still is… now did I take a gamble, you bet, and did I know going in what to expect, you bet. If you had read it it said: “add ptg bolt:” now why would I want to do that when they are implying it’s a barreled action… not a barreled receiver?

am I mad not at all… there’s a saying out there about being to good to be true… 🤣
The first few adds had a drop down menu that allowed you to proceed with no selection at all. As soon as they marked them “down” to $350 it forced you to make a selection regarding your bolt, and the only option that did not cost extra literally said “no bolt”. If you can’t figure out how that’s gonna work out, you’re dense. There was no gamble. They spelled it out for you….”no bolt”.

I bought one when the description was hazier and the drop down menu did not force any selections, and I bought one after, and I selected the “bolt of PT&G’s choice” option.

It said “add ptg bolt” under option the only option that didn’t cost more was “ no bolt” to me that says add a pacific and tool gauge bolt. Thus adding a non stock bolt to a “ barreled action” not adding something to a barreled receiver… it doesn’t really matter to me it’s just marketing on their part that was less then truthful in my opinion. Knowing that doesn’t mean I won’t do business with them I’m the future just means I’ll only ordered things that are spelled out for me… reamers, ect… I may look dumb… but I’m not stupid. 😬

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back