Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Remington custom shop barreled actions. $400

So has Remington produced anything other than ammunition thus far? You'd think that if they were going to produce rifles that they'd use up that inventory first.

Bottom of the page there is a spreadsheet with all the ones for sale. It says updated 5/20/21, but that can't be true. It doesn't account for the ones I purchased, and all it does is strike through the stainless Model 7 20" Barrel 7mm-08 on the second tab.
Are they selling the stuff as is or are they offering to true up the actions?

Are they selling the stuff as is or are they offering to true up the actions?
As is, which may not even include a bolt. They'll true them if you pay them to true them. If you want them to finish chamber and headspace I'm sure you can put that in the notes and they'll do that too, for a fee, before they ship to you.

Just because it extracts a fired case doesn’t mean it is working correctly. You are ripping the case from the chamber when you begin to pull your bolt rearward. With proper primary extraction it’s amazing how smooth it all works.
Has Remington ever produced an action that worked properly? If they can produce one then why not more?

So has Remington produced anything other than ammunition thus far? You'd think that if they were going to produce rifles that they'd use up that inventory first.
Vista outdoors (owns Federal and a few others) bought the Remington ammo line. A different company bought Remington firearms and has stated intentions to bring back the 700 and 870 lines.

Not much of a update at all, none of mine were deducted.
I just got a call from PTG telling me the action I picked had sold but there was another in Stainless with the same configuration that I could have instead.

I'm a bit confused because I thought I ordered a stainless already so I just said okay, I'll take it!
He said I ordered the satin stainless which had sold already but a regular stainless was available (I thought satin = blued?)

He did not know how "complete" the barreled action was.
So anyways, looks like I have something coming!

As is, which may not even include a bolt. They'll true them if you pay them to true them. If you want them to finish chamber and headspace I'm sure you can put that in the notes and they'll do that too, for a fee, before they ship to you.
All Remington actions according to that article are trued, timed, and with match grade barrels. I would say the only way you would get one not tried is if you just ordered a action.

Talked with bell and Carlson about the stock they were supplying the custom shop and it is unavailable to the public. Remington did not release the mold to them as part of the bankruptcy. So if you wanted to finish it to sell, you cannot make them genuine Custom shop rifles.

All Remington actions according to that article are trued, timed, and with match grade barrels. I would say the only way you would get one not tried is if you just ordered a action.
They're trued when they're completed, but if these are short chambered they aren't completed.

The custom shop pulls an action with bolt, recoil lug, and rough chambered barrel from the regular factory line; then they true the action and hand headspace them to make it "custom". So if they turned off the lights before it got trued, it won't be trued.

The custom shop pulls an action with bolt, recoil lug, and rough chambered barrel from the regular factory line; then they true the action and hand headspace them to make it "custom". So if they turned off the lights before it got trued, it won't be trued.
Just wondering where you got this from. Everything I’ve watched and read doesn’t support it. Here is a video of them making one.

Plus custom shop barrels are button rifled and lapped verses hammer forged for the production models.

Just wondering where you got this from. Everything I’ve watched and read doesn’t support it. Here is a video of them making one.

Plus custom shop barrels are button rifled and lapped verses hammer forged for the production models.
Missing the video.

Just wondering where you got this from.
At one time their 40x rifles were as good as any custom gun manufactured by anyone anywhere. I have personally seen a recent custom shop rifle that was just a modified production line gun, definitely not a hand lapped barrel. So I guess I’m speculating about their current process, specifically how it relates to what PTG is selling.

I’m not convinced these are “custom shop” rifles being sold by PTG. You can generally cross reference the barreled actions they’re selling to Remingtons production rifles being sold before the shutdown. 24” barrel black oxide, that’s a SPS. 26” barrel stainless fluted, that’s a sendero. 22” mountain stainless, clearly a mountain rifle. These are all regular production line models.

At one time their 40x rifles were as good as any custom gun manufactured by anyone anywhere. I have personally seen a recent custom shop rifle that was just a modified production line gun, definitely not a hand lapped barrel. So I guess I’m speculating about their current process, specifically how it relates to what PTG is selling.

I’m not convinced these are “custom shop” rifles being sold by PTG. You can generally cross reference the barreled actions they’re selling to Remingtons production rifles being sold before the shutdown. 24” barrel black oxide, that’s a SPS. 26” barrel stainless fluted, that’s a sendero. 22” mountain stainless, clearly a mountain rifle. These are all regular production line models.
Got it, it’s your opinion, not fact.

Frankly moving barreled actions around to just take the barrel off and send it back doesn’t make sense. Especially since they can just have the action moved. Logistical it’s a no brainer. There are several sites talking about the custom shop ordering barrels. Plus there is a 222 model 7 on that list. No production gun from Remington comes in 222. If they had to chambered it there, it got threaded there at the same time. You wouldn’t handle it twice with lathe set up.

Wouldn't minding finding a junker rifle with a decent action to use as a fire forming gun.
You can do that at your local Walmart for under 400 and it will have a stock, and mounted scope....if you’re just fireforming, why not?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back