Remington Arms Settles with Sandy Hook Victims

I'm not trying to argue or be a jerk. I just think there's a world of difference between this settlement being meaningless or not. It could be a complete disaster. Time will tell
Fair enough. I hope you are wrong, 'cuz we need to catch a few breaks in the coming years. This spring/summer, when Thomas finally gets to write a majority SCOTUS opinion that 2A is a personal right that is to be afforded all the protections and elevated standards of review of 1A he has been asking for, the anti-gun folks' heads are going to explode - watch the vitriol light up then.

Life isn't fair. But based on the system we have, the case would be appear to be "true":

There are some cases on false advertising related to shoes, so could be something for you to look into. Not sure what kind of retainer the attorney will want.

When it comes to large corporations and politicians pushing for tort reform it makes me hesitant to support something like that. Having these cases go through the lawsuits/juries/settlements isn't perfect but its better than the alternative. I put my trust in large corporations to do the right thing at the same level of my trust in the government to do the right thing, which is zero.
Kinda like I put my trust in lawyers or courts to do the right thing or even consumers for that part..

This doesn't open up anything. No jury finding, no new arguments (these claims have been made before), no new law - just a cash settlement with an odd collection of remaining settlees.

That is not to say they won't try to litigate the firearms industry to death - just saying the particular settlement is irrelevant in the bigger picture.
They may have won in court but the PR damage done by months of media coverage fighting this lawsuit may have been more harmful in the long run than just paying out.

Was having fun with another thread, collecting info another HT member requested. Came across several advertisements that I'm sure would have led to further frivolous lawsuits.

Disregard the mental health of the vile crap who illegally acquired the firearm...

1645320266066.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back