Relocating: let the points go?

Do I?

• Total voters

perma

TLDR- I’m relocating to Wyoming. I currently have points in this state, not much though. I cannot apply as a resident in this state until after 365 days. I do want to hunt in the state but unsure if it’s a wise move. I’m going to leverage my points for elk and get a party hunt for my dad and I, I’ll eat the cost for that so he has the experience. Assuming money isn’t an issue, what would you do?

Last edited:
Yeah the more and more I think about it the more I think how silly this post is. I don’t have a good reason NOT to, other than it’s pricey. But as I said, money isn’t an issue.

Sorry folks, maybe we can just make this a fun post! :)

Yeah the more and more I think about it the more I think how silly this post is. I don’t have a good reason NOT to, other than it’s pricey. But as I said, money isn’t an issue.

Sorry folks, maybe we can just make this a fun post! :)
I wonder if as a resident with points if you could share them by pooling with a NR. Some draws odds are better in the NR pool with points than in the resident pool.

I think you can it just causes you to be in the NR quota.

Because you don’t loose the points, if you move away you still have them. They just don’t count / apply in the resident quota.

You can one time gift your points to your dad for like $35. Maybe do that?
This was my original plan but I didn’t find any info how. I also thought about drawing the tag and donating it to my dad but I know I can’t do that. If I can donate the points I would 100% do that.

@BuzzH any truth to this?

This was my original plan but I didn’t find any info how. I also thought about drawing the tag and donating it to my dad but I know I can’t do that. If I can donate the points I would 100% do that.

@BuzzH any truth to this?
Is your dad a 50% or more disabled Vet? If so you can, otherwise no.

We killed that bill in about 15 minutes. A new legislator was getting started and didn't realize the blowback he would get.

I went fairly easy on him, but made sure he knew that kind of thing was DOA.

Others were pretty rough on him.

You could draw the tag and donate but its to specific people, vets, disabled, etc.

Back