MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Region 7 Montana

It’s the southeast portion of the state. Public lands consist of the Custer national forest, and BLM with a scattering of state trust land. There are also private lands open to public hunting through the block management program. Deer numbers are few, but once they were many.
Deer hunting opportunities are many, once they were also many.
EHD has been an issue. Drought and hard winters and over hunting have been too.

It’s probably cold enough you don’t have to worry about the roads, but there’s some you don’t want to drive on if it’s wet.
Do not camp on the Indian Reservation. If you want a dog that doesn’t get cold easily and is used to being outside, you could drive through and pick one up. There’s a lot of them in lame deer and busby. Just give it a bath right away.

Be careful at the bar in Broadus. The local girls don’t see much out of town fresh meat. They’re man enough to have their way with ya if they decide to.
If the little cheeseburger place in Ekalaka is still open, it costs like $4 to eat at and is owned by a nice guy.
The bar at Plevna used to have great prime rib on the weekends. Maybe it still does.
The Long Pines are hunted way too hard. Then again, so is almost everything.
You might see a large bull elk and if you do you can’t shoot it without the tag for that unit and it will probably be on private.
That’s about all I got.

After reading MTGomers post , who’s up for a road trip to get some beers in Broadus ? Sounds interesting 🤔

Don’t get your hopes up too high after reading @MTGomer’s titillating post.

He didn’t mention that the population of single aggressive women in Broadus who want to have their way with you is about equal to the amount of Boone and Crocket mule deer on the Custer.

Do they exist? Has it happened? Will it happen to you?

Yes. Yes. No, but there’s a reason folks buy Powerball tickets every day of the week.😂

Last edited:

He didn’t mention that the population of single aggressive women who want to have their way with you is about equal to the amount of Boone and Crocket mule deer on the Custer.

Yes. Yes. No, but there’s a reason folks buy Powerball tickets every day of the week.😂

Ha ha ha , that’s to funny ! I got a doe tag in my pocket, anything can happen in the field !

He didn’t mention that the population of single aggressive women in Broadus who want to have their way with you is about equal to the amount of Boone and Crocket mule deer on the Custer.

You can always drink yourself up to a ten at the bar.

I have seen several beautiful cowgirls over there. They could have been models. They weren’t drinking in Broadass either on Sunday bingo days, but were out working. Just saying….

My buddies mom part time bar tends down at the Big Sky occasionally, they like to serve them tall and cold. And they do know how to raise some mighty fine heifers in Powder River County...

That pizza place is good when it's open. Seabass or something?
Careful not to kill the last deer on the Custer or you'll get an award.

It’s the southeast portion of the state. Public lands consist of the Custer national forest, and BLM with a scattering of state trust land. There are also private lands open to public hunting through the block management program. Deer numbers are few, but once they were many.
Deer hunting opportunities are many, once they were also many.
EHD has been an issue. Drought and hard winters and over hunting have been too.

It’s probably cold enough you don’t have to worry about the roads, but there’s some you don’t want to drive on if it’s wet.
Do not camp on the Indian Reservation. If you want a dog that doesn’t get cold easily and is used to being outside, you could drive through and pick one up. There’s a lot of them in lame deer and busby. Just give it a bath right away.

Be careful at the bar in Broadus. The local girls don’t see much out of town fresh meat. They’re man enough to have their way with ya if they decide to.
If the little cheeseburger place in Ekalaka is still open, it costs like $4 to eat at and is owned by a nice guy.
The bar at Plevna used to have great prime rib on the weekends. Maybe it still does.
The Long Pines are hunted way too hard. Then again, so is almost everything.
You might see a large bull elk and if you do you can’t shoot it without the tag for that unit and it will probably be on private.
That’s about all I got.
i dont have a tag but now i just changed my plans im going all in on the doe tag if i can tag one of those

Region 7 is in its glory years for mule deer. Better take advantage now because it’s not going to get better anytime soon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back