Caribou Gear

redneck weekend

schmalts

It was perfect weather for the 4th, and a great 3 day weekend. Took the wife and kid down on the river and set the gong up at 300yrds and shot the Sako to get it dialed in and then moved it out to 400yrds and took a few more.
Let the wife play with the AR-15 and she went 9 out of 10 at the 400 mark.
Put the little Dude in the drivers seat and figured I would be happy if he hit it once but the little bugger hit it 5 in a row and then a couple more for something like 7 for 10. He also had a double tap one shot that happens so fast he didn't even know it happened but me and the wife could tell right away. They got bored a lot faster than I did and did not want to hang out and go to 500 and beyond this time. I will have to go out there with the boys for that I guess.
All in all the new Sako Finnlight shoots circles around the Kimber it replaced.
And Miller, no smart ass comments on the shorts and hiking boot style.... I had to cross the river every time I needed to repaint the gong.

here is a little redneck shooting video
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/schmalts/?action=view&current=garrett400yards3.flv

Tom, the river on my land is a lot lower than the banks so it is fairly sheltered from the wind unless it is coming right down the river, then it gets pretty breezy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back