Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Red stag, 7x8.

Tom

Unfortuneately, I couldn't actually be scoring it in the dark. Its big, 7x8 and I'm exciting to be holding it. Its the European elk, King's deer, or red stag. The weekend before, he was still in velvet, he rubbed it off, but we got him the second weekend.

Here's his rub, where we waited him out.
rub.jpg

and here's him,
redstag.jpg

The hunter took a picture of me, his guide and scorer, holding him, as it was too dark to take a picture of me scoring him for him.

Got a roughie on size Tom ? lots of points but are spread and length over 36" they don't look it but nice heavy head anyway .

He scored 290+ on Records of Exotics. A 27 inch inside spread, about 40 inch main beams. He was heavy, even up by the crowns my hand doesn't fit around his beams. He's pretty big for here, but not for those New Zealand monsters.

ROE uses lengths of everything totaled, inside spread, and 3 mass measurements on each side, which is not the same as other scoring methods. Any red stag is considered a trophy here, but 7x8 is no youngster either. The King's used to kill the surfs if they messed with these animals. Other names here for them are the King's deer, European elk, and red stags. We consider them an exotic here because they aren't native here, but they are elsewhere. Are there any of these around Montana, 280?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back