Recipes for cat?

Tanglefoot

Hey guys and gals,
Got my cat all processed and was wondering if anyone has any recipes for cooking steaks and burger. I cooked up the tenderloins and some cube steaks last night and they were pretty good. The loins I just soaked in milk and grilled on the barby with a little salt and pepper and garlic salt. These were a little gamey tasting. Do you need to cook untill all the pink is gone is it ok to be a little pink in the middle?

The cube steaks were awesome, I also soaked these in milk for about 5 hours and dipped in seasoned flour and fried in butter. These turned out very good and even the girlfriend said she would eat it again. I never thought I could get my girlfriend to eat pus---...... well you know what I mean.Well I hope I am not the only one on here that has eaten this meat so let's here how you guys prepare it.

Tanglefoot-You should puy any new recipees you come up with under the recipee section. I put one in there yesterday for Lion Buritos!! Just like regular buritos!!!! In my opinion the dogs should eat the lion!!! I really dont enjoy it that much but each to his own! I would cook the heck out of it tho as they can have pinworms etc.bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

hey bcat,
here in Co. they added a new law a few years ago states "all edible portions of cougar must be prcessed for human consuption."This prolly belons on the recipe board but since tanglefoot ask and after your comment I felt obliged to include it here.Hope its OK.;)
My cougar recipe:I like to cut it into nice uniform squares about 2" square, then place them in a marinade of equal parts wine and mik seasoned with salt and pepper, a twist or two of lemon juice, and a dash or two of liquid smoke.Marinade in the frige overnite or up to 24 hrs.I then remove the squares from the marinade and place them in a pot with just enuff water to cover them entirely and simmer over low to med. heat for a couple hours.I thn remove them from the heat and let it cool to slightly above room temperature, pour it over any brand of dog food and let the hounds go at it....they love it.........LOL

------------------

preserve our legacy...take a youngster hunting

DOGGONE--
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Thats treating those hounds awfully good aint it!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
I just feed it to mine raw!!!! THey love it. Good to see ya over here posting! WHere in Colorado do you live? I live very close to the colorado border. bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Welcome Wolfer!!!! Got a pretty decent campfire going here so everybody can tell their stories after the sun goes down!! ( sometimes before)hehehe Welcome to Moosies place! bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

I have never eaten it,but I have a feeling that I would agree with Bcat.I believe that I would do the same with bear also.

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

Engman99 I think you would be surprised with the bear meat.All my hunters rave about it.One thing i have learned about it though.Get it processed asap after its dead.{ (I guess you would have to wait till its dead first wouldnt you.Boy that sounded dumb !!} Also cut away any fat.It seems like most of the gamey taste comes from the fat.We also dont worry about getting every scrap of meat like on a deer.We dont waste much but some of the tougher cuts arent worth the bother.
As far as lion goes I almost thought this post was a joke at first.then I remembered being on someones web site and there was a picture of a hunter eating the loins or liver or something over a campfire right at the kill site.
If I get lucky enough to go and get a lion someday I think it would cost too much to send the meat home.I guess I could leave it as a tip for the guide,right bcat??

Have never had anyone yet that didnt leave the tasty meat as a tip for the guide
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

I dont know,George.I tried coon once.(gag,yak,bla!)And since coon and bear are related,only bear are bigger.I figure bigger equals yuckier.

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

I am a fim believer in eating what you kill.I took this animals life and feel a responsibility to eat it. If that lion killed me he probably would at least try me out, I am sure. I feel I owed him the same respect. Call it ethics or just ignorance , I don't know. The meat is good, I wish I would have made some into sausage. I have not tried the burger yet but I can make any burger taste good with the right spices and maybe a few noodles.I was kinda hoping that the saying "You are what you eat." would apply,and next year I would either be a better hunter due to having a little mt. lion in me or I would be a P-ssy. I'll take my chances.ha ha

TF

Using your recippe I am not sure which tasted better the lion or the dog food! Ime's is the best so far!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
cbat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

You tried it huh? Maybe over kibbles and bits it will taste a little better.

I put the testing one in cause I lost my ability to post for awhile. I sent ya an email about it,and then I logged off and came back on. Seems to be working fine now tho.TF

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back