Recession in July

Red-Team 98

Bloomberg reported 97% chance of Recession in July 2023.

Suggest a great place to invest XLE and VDE. All energy companies are raising their price targets.

Cool I think Im going to go buy a bunch of stuff and hoard it since that seams to be the thing to do in times of crisis.
I have most of my reloading supplies done that back during Obama.
We are stocking our shelves with dry goods and canned goods …….cornmeal and flour and beans / rice. The last one didn’t exsist my parents had a huge garden and canned and a pasture full of beef and pork.
We had excess and even helped the neighbors.
Sure will go bear hunting this spring and moose hunting this fall and dip net salmon this summer.

Last edited:
Sitting good with beans/rice/flour/cornmeal/ammo, although wouldn't mind more .204.

Although, when we had hard times growing up, we had an enormous garden, and canned and froze enough stuff to last.

Those skills are mostly gone though in 2023. I'll bet 9.8/10 kids couldn't grow, harvest, and preserve a garden if their lives depended on it; particularly if their phones are dead.

Sitting good with beans/rice/flour/cornmeal/ammo, although wouldn't mind more .204.

Although, when we had hard times growing up, we had an enormous garden, and canned and froze enough stuff to last.

Those skills are mostly gone though in 2023. I'll bet 9.8/10 kids couldn't grow, harvest, and preserve a garden if their lives depended on it; particularly if their phones are dead.
Well it doesn't help an acre of land is $500,000 lol. More and more people growing up without land. And I bet its not because of choice.

Bloomberg reported 97% chance of Recession in July 2023.

Suggest a great place to invest XLE and VDE. All energy companies are raising their price targets.
Energy had a hell of a year last year. You think 2 in a row? When the fed is trying to get unemployment up?

Energy had a hell of a year last year. You think 2 in a row? When the fed is trying to get unemployment up?
Energy has done very well for the last 2 years over 100% gain in XLE and VDE. In peak of Recession in July energy is a great place to escape with higher energy prices.
Fund Managers are already raising price targets for Energy in 2023. China reopening later this year will even aid in the Energy demand and revenue.
I don’t see this administration doing anything to increase output or easing restrictions on oil companies in 2023. It’s hard to get this administration to admit anything negative from Afghanistan to the Economy to the Boarder.
In 2023 I expect especially the 2nd half of year to be great for XLE and VDE in Energy.

Last edited:
Last prediction I saw two weeks ago said 35% chance of recession, up from 25% due to the liquidity crisis.

I haven’t seen a recession in the economy yet.

Energy has done very well for the last 2 years over 100% gain in XLE and VDE. In peak of Recession in July energy is a great place to escape with higher energy prices.
Fund Managers are already raising price targets for Energy in 2023. China reopening later this year will even aid in the Energy demand and revenue.
I don’t see this administration doing anything to increase output or easing restrictions on oil companies in 2023. It’s hard to get this administration to admit anything negative from Afghanistan to the Economy to the Boarder.
In 2023 I expect especially the 2nd half of year to be great for XLE and VDE in Energy.
That’s mostly due to rock bottom service cost due to pandemic contracts and consumption patterns settling back to normal.

2023 services have sky rocketed, a 20-21 well might have cost $5MM to drill, same well in 23’ costs $10MM.

The haynesville + lack of takeaway + warm winter has crushed NG.

Rig counts need to drop.

Add to all that capital in 23 is incredibly expensive.

I’d temper expectations.

Recession?!!! Holy chit! I have been saving up for this very thing! I better get my plane tickets booked for July to Vegas. I’m going to get a hell of a deal on hookers and blow when this hits!!!

Back