Really, Wyoming?

Let's focus on the issue at hand; the wolf and the idiot who has given a ton of explosives to the groups who want to blow up state-based wildlife wolf management.
His family is behind him at least. Stupid doesn't fall far from the tree.

The predator zone in Wyoming has accomplished exactly what it was intended for. Buzz and I spoke of this today. It was to keep wolf packs from spreading across the state. It's funny how, for the time being, we actually still have a half dozen moose areas that have thriving populations; common denominator no wolves or grizzlies.

You know my position with this Roberts jackass if you have read my posts, but I'm glad to see your not totally dumping this on Wyoming.(If I read you right) Remember, Wyoming has the predator zone, at least two states allow trapping, one of those year round on private land. Let's see what happens going forward, there will be discussion and hopefully something comes out of this. Stock growers have a ton of pull in Wyoming and that's a fact.

Despite what most Wyomingites think, Wyoming isn't that different than anywhere else. ;)

But no, this kind of behavior isn't limited to any state. Everyone has a dumbass cousin like the guy in Daniel, every state has an establishment that lets stupid walk in. But every state has guys like a Jeff Muratore who show up every day to fight the good fight, who hold people to a strong ethical standard, and don't back down when it matters the most.

The predator zone was a political machination of the WY Stockgrowers & Farm Bureau along with Don Peay & SFW in 2002, over the objection of the WGFD who recommended Trophy game statewide, with the same net effect. that approach was enshrined into law in 2003 & modified over the years to mellow it somewhat, etc. That issue is what caused so much turmoil in delisting from 2009 - 2012. It's also why WY got left behind and had to wait until 2017 and even more movement was made by the state. That's the political management of wildlife in a nutshell. Using wolves to advance political careers is a time-tested way to get people to vote for you. It's just the district that decides how you foment on it the issue. Hell, Wyoming elected the person who made a ton of cash chasing the Peay-train on wolf litigation.

It's better when the joke is funny, at the least, funnier than it is offensive.

So...you found it funny?
Some people are more sensitive than others.

I love comedy. Say edgy things, get reactions. It's funny. This was hilarious with how offended someone got by it...

If you truly think it was racist and meant to be racist, you probably lack a sense of humor.

I did not pick up on it until now, but Cody was savvy enough to do some product placement. I wonder how much Coors will want to pay for all of the eyeballs this photo has drawn?

To your article above @BuzzH I am pretty surprised he hasn't been charged with animal cruelty. Usually hunted animals are excluded, but given that he took possession of the wolf and tormented it after, there really is a strong case for felony animal cruelty.

That's the point of contention that folks can take with the State of WY: if Game and Fish only thinks $250 is appropriate and they haven't turned it over to a state prosecutor, and a state prosecutor then declines to charge, then that largely reflects upon the whole state and how it views wolves. Not just this guy.

@Ben Lamb Wyoming has a unique history with wolves that is different than ID and MT, in that they (MT and ID) didn't categorize wolves as vermin and thus necessitate putting them back on the endangered species list during the 2009-2012 years, as you noted here. Even then, because of how WY treated wolves, MT and ID were allowed to proceed with seasons and WY had to create the buffer zones to comply with the Feds. So I agree, the perception of wolves is largely the same across these states, but how the states chose to act on those perceptions is very different.

I love comedy. Say edgy things, get reactions. It's funny. This was hilarious with how offended someone got by it...

If you truly think it was racist and meant to be racist, you probably lack a sense of humor.

So, no direct answer? I too love comedy, especially when it's funny.

It was a joke, not a dick. Don't take it so hard.
I really hope when im in my mid 50s I have much better things to do than yell on forums and post clown emojis.
Don't you have grandkids or something that need your undivided attention? Your wife is probably ready for that Africa trip you dreamed of for you both? Something...something must intrigue you besides yelling and clowns? Oh my goodness...Maybe you want to be a real clown, but your not sure anyone will understand or support that dream....well lucky for you I will support you 100. I may be a racist but I'll never stand in the way of someone's dreams. What do you need from me to make this happen Buzz I'm here for you, anything you need you just ask little buddy.
Seriously?

So, the joke wasn't funny...but since it offended someone, it's hilarious. And you try to tell me about having a sense of humor.

To your article above @BuzzH I am pretty surprised he hasn't been charged with animal cruelty. Usually hunted animals are excluded, but given that he took possession of the wolf and tormented it after, there really is a strong case for felony animal cruelty.

That's the point of contention that folks can take with the State of WY: if Game and Fish only thinks $250 is appropriate and they haven't turned it over to a state prosecutor, and a state prosecutor then declines to charge, then that largely reflects upon the whole state and how it views wolves. Not just this guy.

@Ben Lamb Wyoming has a unique history with wolves that is different than ID and MT, in that they (MT and ID) didn't categorize wolves as vermin and thus necessitate putting them back on the endangered species list during the 2009-2012 years, as you noted here. Even then, because of how WY treated wolves, MT and ID were allowed to proceed with seasons and WY had to create the buffer zones to comply with the Feds. So I agree, the perception of wolves is largely the same across these states, but how the states chose to act on those perceptions is very different.
Think a petition (to charge) would help?

Here we go with the virtue signaling.

"I didn't think it was funny"

"It's not something to joke about"

So, the joke wasn't funny...but since it offended someone, it's hilarious. And you try to tell me about having a sense of humor.

The joke was funny. But then again, I think insult comedy, roast comedy, and other comedy with some edgy jokes is funny. Jokes about anything are funny. If more people could learn to laugh, the world would be a lot better of a place. Enough with the thin skin and getting offended by everything. Especially when it's a JOKE

Pay attention @Ben Lamb. You will learn how wolves got delisted in MT, WY and ID.😂

One last post and I'm out on posts from the self-proclaimed racist and his "joke". He seems to be doubling down on it, that's his choice and good luck with that.

I received a couple PM's from people that took that comment from hilljack seriously and didn't think it was funny at all. I don't blame them, I didn't either.

I let a lot of stuff slide, but I've witnessed racism and I know what it looks like and know it when I see it. Its ugly, hurtful, and it definitely will be addressed on the spot by me. I'm not going to brush it off as a joke, because its most certainly not. That comment can speak for itself, and I know what it was, what the intent was, I think most do that have a single firing brain cell.

It's not due to a lack of a sense of humor that I didn't find it funny, it's because it was offensive and a punch below the belt to people of color that want to become more involved in the outdoors, hunting, fishing, and conservation.

Won't tolerate it.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back