Really nice knives

$3 apiece. Available today, just in time for hunting tomorrow. Tape three or 4 together and throw them in your pack for the season. Toss at the end of the season.

yhst-84729437292754_2012_270231012

Yep, here's the Tasco.

scope.jpg

I'll spend money on quality that makes a difference, ie., MR backpacks, Lowa boots, Zeiss glass. But I'm not going to spend $1,500-2,000 on a rifle that shoots just as well as a $600 one, or $200+ on a knife that will cut as well as a $5 one. I'd rather spend that money on more hunting.

beautiful knife Ken.

....must be nice to have an extra $200.00 laying around like that.......did you pay it off or are you making payments?:rolleyes::cool:

Nah, I cancelled it...Oak's self righteous remark just crushed me...CRUSHED I tell ya.

....gettin' 8 of the 3 dollar steak knives instead.;)

I guess it did sound self-righteous. Was meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, but true. They are really nice looking knives, but I can't justify spending that much on any knife. I've got a pile of hunting knives that have been given to me as gifts over the years, but I seldom carry any of them these days. The $3 steak knives are light, sharp, and cheap, and I don't care if I lose or break one.

If I ever care about the way my gear looks over it's functionality, I will definitely consider a Charles May knife.

Now I've got to go mail the money I saved on my knives to an outfitter in Alaska. Be back later....;)

I've got a pile of hunting knives that have been given to me as gifts over the years.

and yet the $3 steak knives are your go-2's ? sweet!

I use the steak knives quite a bit myself...but, theres nothing wrong with using something a little more classy once in while either. Custom knives hand made by a friend of mine in Missoula, Montana. Top one is an iron wood handle, bottom one is a box elder burl handle.

IMG_0752.JPG

Kind of hard not to like those knives.. Damn.. that's a photo!

I have a couple custom knives also made by a friend that were gifts, they are great, but pretty weighty compared to some others that hold a great edge.. that were practically free. I also use the Havalon Piranta surgical knife. Cheap and scary sharp and can be used for most work.

http://www.havalon.com/pirantafolder.html

Buzz, who's the maker does he have a website? The one on the top is exacly what I've been looking for. The one I have now is very similar to the bottom one minus the finger cutout.

I dont' like waiting on stuff.

Oak, I'm with you on the $3 victornox's. I used those on commercial fishing boats for 15 years and just started using them on game a couple years ago. Man do those things work good. When they are new they are SHARP!! There's a reason that every king crabber (whose life would depend on their ability to cut themselves out of a buoy line if caught in one) has one of those knives attached somewhere to their body!

Bambistew,

The guy that made those knives does not have a website. His name is Mac McLaughlin. If you want his number I can PM it to you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back