Rangefinder ?

I just picked up the Leupold 1600i yesterday. It was between that and the sig 1600bdx. The only reason I went with the Leupold is because it was marked down from 480 to $300. And I spent a while messing around with both and I ended up liking the leupolds features and settings a little more than the sig.

I have the Sig Kilo1800. I wanted something for low light with the oled display. The Kilo models below the 1800 have the black display. With too much light the display cannot be read. I have to point it toward the ground to get the readout. I have my bullet profile programmed into it so I can get elevation MOA but no viable windage reading. It is OK for what I paid but the quality I would put low mid-range because of the chi-com glass. I am not overly impressed with it.

Another lieca user here. Have an older Nikon that was great for bow hunting and had a vortex for a short time until I returned it for the lieca.

Interesting.
I have a Vortex1000,but am looking to upgrade. No not like the bounce factor. It does not read well in low light.
Looking at Sig.

I had a Bushnell (one of the Yardage Pro models I think) many years ago that worked fine for several years. I’ve got a Leupold 1200 now that I’ve had for a couple of years and it’s been fine. The Leupold does start to have trouble trying to get ranges out around 375+ yards.

My old Nikon is still going strong after years of use but earlier this summer I got to try out several of the newer model range finders and by far my favorite was the Nikon 3000 which has the image stabilization... That is the one I'd probably have at the top of my list if I was in the market...

I have several Sig rangefinders that have been used as demo units at a few trainings. If anyone is interested in a great deal on a like new rangefinder..shoot me a p.m.... also have lots of scopes, binos, red dots etc....

I just purchased a scope from schmalts. If the Leupold RX-1000i TBR I have now dies, I will definitely be contacting him when it's time to replace it!

Well, I managed to tinker with the old Swarovski and it's working again. :)

So I guess I'm not buying a new rangefinder. Yet.

Guy

Love my Sig. Will have a Sig abs next year if the fur check is good this spring

I mean this is an old car I’m ranging off of but still damn impressive for a $400 rangefinder. Picture is terrible
731971C9-380A-4C93-B712-8C0AF64173E1.jpeg

I’ve had a Bushnell Yardage Pro for well over 15 years. It has worked flawlessly without all the angle compensation garbage.

Is there a rangefinder out there that will live up to the Yardage Pro? It will be used for bow and rifle hunting.

Thanks

I really like my new Leica 2400. It's compact, has great glass, angle compensating, and can range wayyyyy farther than I plan on shooting.

Back