Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Rangefinder ?

Guy

My old Swarovski rangefinder seems to have finally died after a life of hard use.

Looking for recommendations. There's such a wide range of 'em avail anymore, and I'm not acquainted with today's crop of rangefinders.

Thanks, Guy

I really like my Sig Kilo 2400 with ABS, but if I didn't go that route, Leica definitely has a leg up on the competition (just don't have applied ballistics and I do a bunch of long range shooting)

Both leupold and vortex have a range finding binoculars now. That would interest me if I was in the market. I use a leupold 1200 rangefinder and it has been very reliable.

I have the new Vortex HD 4000, I haven't had it very long, but so far very happy with it. It replaced a Leupold that worked good, but couldn't reach out as far as I wanted to. My son's Sig Kilo has been impressive as well. Range finding binos might be worth looking at as well.

I second the sig recommendations. My 2200 has been great even in sub-zero temps.

Reactions: Guy
I have had great use from a sign 1200 for a couple years now.
Very affordable, accurate, and works well on game in low light.
Best all around size and price for a hunter, in my opinion.

The Sig I have works on dark targets very well. It works well in lower light conditions also.
Far better than the Bushnell and vortex models I have owned, and the cost of the Sig 1200 is less than I paid for my previous range finders that were only capable out to around 500yrds.
I can range reliable out to 860yrds in low light with the 1200, and have been able to get readings out to 1400yrds on a clear day on a reflective target.

I have had a halo xrt7 for the last 3-4 years, no problems with it yet. The price was right and no problems with it yet.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back