Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Rangefinder question??

7mm08mo

I currently own a Nikon monarch 800, but it does not measure incline or decline. My question is how much difference will this make on shots at severe angles. I have all the other gear I need/ want really according to the wife is it worth investing in a new one, around home the one I have now serves the purpose just fine so it would just really be upgrading for my western adventures. I also don't want not having one to cost me game if it's needful. Help!!!

depends on the angle and the range...30 degrees on a 500 hundred yard shot could be 12" or more, but 5 degrees on a 200 yard shot isn't going to matter much. just do the math to figure out --- cos(angle of shot)= corrected range / measured range
unless you're hunting mountain goats, the vast majority of shots aren't going to matter.

What did we ever do until we had range finders that show "shoot to" distances? If you decide to upgrade, get the Sig Kilo 2000. It shows the "shoot to" range and works extremely well at ridiculous ranges. I had the Nikon 800,too, and got rid of it as soon as I used the Sig.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back