Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Range time with lack of powder

elkhnter

With the lack of powder and bullets right now, do you find yourself shooting less? A lot less?
I know my AR doesn’t come out to play as much. Most of my rifles have a pet load developed already, so I’m thinking about picking up random bullets and powder and putting together a “play” load. Something that I can take out to the bench and shoot for fun.
What are you guys doing to stay in condition?

I bought a bunch of what I needed before the borders got it all.
But I still do a lot of dry fire drills, I’ve actually increased that quite a bit.

All my centerfires are being shot a lot less currently. I've got quite a bit stocked up just hard to shoot a box of quality ammo when I can't replace it or even know when more will be for sale. Luckily I've hoarded enough 22 ammo to shoot a brick a month for the rest of my life might run out if I hit 200. Hopefully plinking with the old 22 will be enough to keep the skills sharp. Also shotgun ammo seems pretty easy to find be a good time to bust some clays and brush up on my wing shooting.

Tinkering is the best way to keep at the range if you can get what you need to mess around.

Right now the cold winter winds have slowed me down more so than lack of components. I actually had plans to shoot a lot more this year so I resupplied about a year ago. It was accidental hoarding on my part but even in May I was able to get what I needed for my newest rifle.

It'll take probably 2 years before the hoarding stops and production catches up...then I'd expect ammo and component prices to take about a 20-50% jump like last time.

I shoot 22lr in the backyard. Also have some practice loads with cheaper bullets for CF rifles, and I try to stock up (within reason) when I can.

A president-elect that has stated in his official platform that he wants to ban the online sale of ammunition, firearms parts etc , has encouraged a lot of hoarding, and the current president gave him the blueprint with his bump-stock ban through EO. I don’t expect this to go away anytime soon.

I've been shooting my bow more, which takes more practice than the rifle anyway. The centerfires have been out o the safe very little except for a little practice before hunting seasons. For no particular reason about 2-3 years ago I started buying a couple hundred rounds of .22 every time I went to Murdochs (that worked out nicely in my favor!!), and now I have thousands and thousands of rounds of that to play with :p

Back