Caribou Gear

Randy needs to write a book

A thought popped into my head after listening to the latest podcast, so I figured I would start a thread to see what people think and how much support it gets. With all of the experience and knowledge that Randy brings to the hunting community, why not just write a book? He can expand on issues in his podcasts and talk about politics, experiences, the future of hunting, and whatever else. I recently read Steven Rinella's book "American Buffalo: In Search of a Lost Icon," and I thought it was great!

Randy, I'm sorry if I get a discussion going that you really didn't want but I figured I would give it a shot haha

I would read it.

I do not understand how he finds the time to do all he is doing now. Writing a book would be hard.

Hmmm....well, I bet he could combine a lot of those live hunt stories he's written so succinctly into something.

Maybe a lot of the writing is already complete Big Fin? ;)

There is certainly value in stories of the hunts as told man vs. nature. Randy has several dozen adventures to call upon and some are on film which allows re-visiting those adventure as write about them. Could be very vivid. This collection of stories told with humor as we have seen Randy do here...could stay relevant for a long time. People still read some of the African hunting books from more than a generation ago and Jack London. This could be an easy-to-read home run. Put in some nice pictures and become a coffee table book. Buy one to place in the Christmas stocking of your hunter relative.

There is also the value of sharing Randy's knowledge of ways to navigate through governmental agencies to improve the standing of hunters interests as legislation and rulings are made. This could be a "call to action" on what we can each do to improve the leverage of hunters and our image with non-hunters. Alas, activists and hunters are not often found in the same person so not sure of the readership. This sort of intense manifesto is rarely a top-selling book. Could be a watershed book for us, though.

My 2 cents.

I'd prefer a history of hunter/conservation issues in SW Montana... get a ghostwriter.

He could do it his spare time...............

..........or maybe just dictate on drives to give to ghostwriter.
He could wear head gear that records thought process as he sleeps.

I'd buy it if he did.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back