MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Ram Rebel? (Largely vs Titan Pro-4X)

Oh so you're the guy with the Ram that held up? I heard rumors there were one or two of you out there ;)
I'm the guy whose transmission lasted...I had a 2006 Ram 2500 that had over 245,000 miles on it with the stock transmission. Even ran a programmer for years.

I'm the guy whose transmission lasted...I had a 2006 Ram 2500 that had over 245,000 miles on it with the stock transmission. Even ran a programmer for years.
I sold mine with 302k on it and the original transmission. In fairness, it hardly ever towed. That said, there were enough other things that went wrong across the front end to completely negate the price of a transmission.

I did that already :) It’s just 17 years old (10 of them ‘mine’) and my son can’t wedge himself into the back seat any more. There are a few things on the new ones that I don’t like and it’s 10-15% more than the others.
[/QUOTe

you could go with the tundra crewmax it’s a huge Back seat

Just traded my 2015 Ram 1500. 100K miles and not a single problem. Was a great truck. Just needed a little more to tow with.

I sold mine with 302k on it and the original transmission. In fairness, it hardly ever towed. That said, there were enough other things that went wrong across the front end to completely negate the price of a transmission.
That's no joke...IIRC I replaced both front wheel bearings twice(I know I did at least one of them twice) and every u-joint on the truck.

I wasn't a mopar guy at all until I put my butt in one. I'd buy a newer Ram or that Pro 4X. Toyotas look like they haven't changed in 20 years. That can either be a good thing or a bad thing.

Oh so you're the guy with the Ram that held up? I heard rumors there were one or two of you out there ;)

Make that 3 of us. 2014 Ram 1500, 5.7l My dash was replaced under warranty. There was some recall on it. Nothing else was wrong with it in the 150K miles I had it for. I traded it in '18 on an F-150 and regretted it within a week. I still have the F-150. I don't dislike it, but I don't like it as much as I did the Ram. I have 93K trouble free miles so far. I do have a "check engine" light on...but that's just a thing. Chevy guys are used to running around with them on...so I'll try it too. :D

Is that a lot for a Ram? ;)
I when I bought my current truck last year I gave my son the 1997 Ram 1500 4x4 that I had been driving since 2000.
It now has 293,000+ miles on it. Still the original engine and trans. It still runs pretty darn good.

I've had a 3rd gen ram and now have a 4th gen. Here are the problems that are very common on the 4th gen's. Exhaust manifold bolts brake, this causes a ticking noise and exhaust leak. The 4th gens have a horrible cam design, doesn't get enough oil through the lifers so you will end up with lifter tick. I'm currently working on replacing struts on mine, the bottom strut bolt gets rusted and seized in the lower control arm bushing, its a very common problem, so you end up replacing that as well. I don't put a lot of miles on the truck, only other issues I have had have been a water pump going out and a shift solenoid going bad. Mine is a TRX4, basically the predecessor to the rebel. I hate the truck when I have to work on it but love it still. Great power, great off road. Mine had factory 17's and you will see that a lot of "off road" package trucks, don't worry about that, they do better off road typically then a 20" rim with a tire of the same diam. When my tires were shot, I upgraded to some factory 20's but only because I didn't like the chrome clad 17's and got a great deal on the 20's.

I can't tell you anything about the titan, but I have driven rams for the last 7 years. The 3rd gen rear end blew up, but that was literally the only non maintenance thing I had to repair. Drove it to 160 ishK, the 4th gen I didn't have to replace a cylinder head, whoever fixed the exhaust manifold bolt before me, didn't due it right, drilled it out and put in a helicoil, bolt broke and found out the drilled to far into the head and water was leaking.

I helped a friend this friday with a ram rebel it had less than 40,000 miles on it and the air ride went out already and is having front end issues this truck has never towed or been off the pavement

You couldn't pay me to drive a Ram. I've seen way too many people go down that road and later regret it. I've had good luck with the Tundra and more recently, a Titan.

Is no one going to point out that the Nissan's are running Cummins (mopar) engines right now?

the titan will always be a sleeper, it falls on deaf ears

what the masses want are f150s with enough clearance to make it over the speed bump at the bank, ram rebels with about as many features as the f150 except it says RAM on it, tacomas that are capable but mostly driven by 27 year old female outdoorsy instagram influencers, chevy's that are designed for highway travel, and gmc's that are designed for fuel efficent "gnar brah" boat towing

Is no one going to point out that the Nissan's are running Cummins (mopar) engines right now?
In my case, I’m not looking at the diesel.

Update though, I had a Titan I was ready to go on, but it failed inspection at auction. I may have another one but my friend the broker is acting a little weird about it.

May be worth a thread on a different forum - but I am a little clueless as to how an auto broker actually operates/how they source inventory, what their advantage/value proposition is, etc. I asked her that question directly over email and I didn’t get an answer.

This truck she sent me details on today - I found it in less than 10 seconds online just based on the pictures and mileage she sent. Dealer has it listed for $500 less than she quoted me (I believe standard broker commission is 500 plus whatever other perks they get). I imagine if I called the dealer right now (I won’t) and said I’d give them $1000 less than listing (about a 3% discount) and be there in an hour with cash, they’d take it (it’s been listed for over a month), so I’m confused. I want to help her, but effectively paying 1500 bucks for a little research and some detailing seems out of line. Seeing her in person Monday.

The only purchasing process I hate more than vehicles is real estate. Probably why I average one vehicle a decade and I don’t plan on buying a new house ever again :)

The only purchasing process I hate more than vehicles is real estate. Probably why I average one vehicle a decade and I don’t plan on buying a new house ever again :)
Amen to that. Well I will buy another house or some land in my lifetime but

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back