Raghorn Express

I tried this morning, just needed another 40 yards and my ticket would have been punched.

I'll gladly buy a ticket and hop on board if an opportunity presents itself here in 3 weeks in MT!

Come on Oak everyone has heard that Colorado has the most elk of anywhere in the whole wide world. :D

Eventhough I have a good tag I'm not sure I can shake my Raghorn roots. I always have loved shooting bulls who's score would equal a great mule deer buck:eek:

By the looks of town, the ATV Express seems more correct. Where is Dink when I need him?

I have a ticket for a buck mule deer and a cow elk - looking forward to the trip in early November.

I know it makes me a lightweight of major proportions, but I'm willing to hop on the Spike Roundup. Was within archery distance of a few bulls with bow in hand on Wednesday & Thursday, but it's only deer & turkey season. Elk opens 2 weeks from today.

I have a Wy general tag, and one cow tag for sure, haven't decided if I will buy a second. My Mule Deer tag is the one that is driving me crazy.

I have a Wy. general and am about to board that train in 2 short weeks.Looking for any branch bull or possible cow later in the hunt.Size isn't a big deal after 2000 miles on the road.

Had a great morning with my son. Spotted the raghorn express and made a long stalk into range but wasn't able to seal the deal. Bowhunting is a tough sport one full of learning experiences each time you go. This was his first bowhunt but dang he just didn't draw or know what to do. The bull was 20 yards broadside looking downhill away from him but he didn't draw. I was 40 yds away watching the whole deal. His eyes were as big as saucers. The bull came to 12 yds then spooked. I asked why he didn't draw and he said "Well there was some grass in the way" I then had to teach him that you can raise up if you need to make a lane open. So we reinacted the scene and he says "Well that would of worked":eek:
Can't get too frustrated. Takes a lot trial and error with the ol bow. So long story short we were hours from being the first to post a pict on the rag express.:D

Lawnboy,
Your story sounds all to familiar. I had to laugh as a similar scenerio happened with my son on his first mule deer hunt two years ago. I about pulled all my hair out watching him make one rookie move after another during a failed stalk. All you can do as a Dad is remember we have all been there before. I'm sure he will be on "The Express" before you know it.

Does this bull qualify for the express?
V__813C.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, too big. :D That bull will qualify you to get an upgraded ticket on "Elk Airlines".

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back