Raffles , Raffles, Raffles

S.Dak Drifter

Well having just thrown my name in the hat for the SD RMEF elk tag raffle, I'm curious who else likes to play the raffles? What are your go to, can't resist raffles?

I usually buy a couple entries for my states open zone deer hunt. I know I’ll never win but I Usually throw $20 in for a few tickets.

I'm a sucker for most of the conservation raffles. I never expect to win, but I do find comfort in knowing it likely is being used for a better cause than I would spend it on.

Let's see ...... Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society, Arizona Super Raffle (pronghorn will be mine someday), many Wyoming Commissioner Tag raffles if they are actually a conservation group, Nevada Silver State tags, Midwest WSF Stone Sheep Raffle, and any of the others that hit my inbox.

I am to conservation raffles what Mrs. Fin is to Amazon Prime.

I avoid private raffles. Too many ways for a buddy to get a wink wink nod nod win. Perhaps this industry is overflowing with honest fellows though I have observed a lot of shenanigans at trade show booth drawings and charity events to conclude is not a sure thing that the next draw scheduled using a hat or spinning drum will contain every entry and every entry will be without a crease or crinkle or other marking.

I enter state-run raffles operated through the application system where the audited software code is used and to rig or replace the code would trigger jail time. I do enter several conservation organization raffles where I trust the brand and support the mission but really it only takes one bad apple to game the process and the risk if caught is likely only embarrassment rather than jail time.

Mostly only interested in sheep/goat/moose though will chase other critters if have hunted a state so have an idea where would head to fill the tag. Never have won and am okay with that as some of the raffles show the odds and for some raffles that show the prior year odds then my cost to get in the 1 in 100 to 1 in 300 odds range is not that better/worse than some of my non-resident application costs for similar odds.

Rocky mountain bighorn society, Arizona big game super raffle, and Nevada silver state tags. I look at it as a donation but somebodies gotta draw.

Hi - My name is Sandbrew and I'm a raffle addict.....

Oh wait this isn't one of those groups?

I pretty much enter every sheep raffle I can. I actually have had a 2nd job for the last 15+ years to fund my sheep hunting addiction/habit/sickness/hobby. I tend to prefer the raffles where I can see or know the odds when I enter. My theory is at least one ticket in every bin even I don't want the prize when I win I can sell or trade it for something else. I was super excited about the EWSF 4 sheep hunt raffle this year and had my name several group buys for the $1000 tickets. That didn't work out so well.

Sandbrew

I like to get a few conservation raffle tickets every year dont put much hope in getting one but I know the money does good work, and if by chance my name is pulled for one of the sheep tags it wouldnt be a bad thing lol
Here in Pa we now have 3 elk draws and a raffle I go in for all of them the raffle $ stays here to be used on the Pa elk heard

Just a question has anyone here that’s commented ever been drawn when entering a raffle for a coveted tag?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back