Radical Environmentalists at it again

mfb99

From “The Hill”

California's Jerry Brown considers easing logging rules to help fight fires

California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) is proposing sweeping new legislation that would make it easier for private landowners to cut down trees on their land as the state deals with one of its worst wildfire seasons in years.

Brown's plan, which first was reported by the Mercury News Thursday, would allow landowners living on property of 300 acres or less to cut down trees with up to a 36-inch diameter without a permit. The current regulation ends at 26 inches in diameter.

Additionally, owners would be able to build private roads up to 600 feet long without getting a permit first as long as they are maintained

You can go to “The Hill” to read the remainder of the article.

Gee Ryan, I thought California was full of nothing but radical environmentalists?

Ryan Zinke did not come to California to help with the wildfire situation. He came to California with two things in mind. First to demonize and minimalize the libritards of the biggest blue state. This is the playbook of this administration, and Zinke plays it fully. Second, Zinke wants to get chainsaw on old growth timber.

He has no answers, policies or money for preventing, fighting and managing the complex wildfire situation in California. He calls himself a geologist, his focus must have been petroleum geology because he does not understand anything about geography, environmental sciences, hydrology, biology, forestry etc.

Everything Ryan Zinke does is driven by being a lackey for the extraction industry, the timber industry, the commercial ranching industry, the commercial fishing industry and above all, for his buddies in these industries.

When Ryan Zinke considers Public Lands policy, he thinks barrels pumped, ounces per ton extracted, board feet cut, tons of coal put on rail cars, cattle and hog futures, etc. Above all he is about making money for himself and his buddies. He may not know a darn thing about the Bark Beetle, or even know what Chaparral is, but he sure as heck knows the stock price of Marathon Oil. He sure the heck knows what a stock buyback is and what a stock dividend is. Most of all he knows what EPS, is (Earnings Per Share).

Like the rest of this administration he is transactional – “what is in it for me”? He has no vision, he makes no attempt to understand, he does not seek to bring folks together, but to divide.

Ryan, California really does not need you and your ilk. They have been doing a good job with their Public Lands long before you came around and will be doing so long after you are gone. They are proud to have beaches that are open to all Californians, rivers that you can paddle down without a wire fence stretched across it, areas to ride dirt bikes, use 4 x 4s and trucks, they still have ocean sportfishing where you can catch quality saltwater fish, they still have lands to hunt deer, elk, antelope, sheep, hogs, upland and small game. You can still hike from one end of the state to the other almost all on Public Lands, You can ski the backcountry in the winter and banzai the mountain bike single tracks in the summer. You want to rockclimb come here, you want to mountaineer, come here, you want to windsurf, come here, you want to landsail, come here. In California you can pan for gold in the morning, drywash for gold in the afternoon and before going to bed metal detect for gold. You want to hike into some remote area where you make a greenhorn mistake and you are a dead man, you can do that in California. You want to recreate in old growth forests of Ponderosa Pine and Sequoia, come here.

ALL OF THIS CAN BE DONE ON OUR PUBLIC LANDS.

No Ryan, we don’t need your idea of Public Lands that you and your cigar smoking Extraction Industry CEO’s have. California long ago realized that the value of Public Lands is much bigger than your greedy vision.

We will fight you in the courts, we will fight you in the court of public opinion, we will fight you by giving money to just Public Lands causes, we will fight you by exposing your self dealing and corruption.

And ultimately, we will vote you and your anti Public Lands ilk out of office.
Cheers

Mark

Ye Shall Be Free To Roam…..

No Ryan, we don’t need your idea of Public Lands that you and your cigar smoking Extraction Industry CEO’s have. California long ago realized that the value of Public Lands is much bigger than your greedy vision.

We will fight you in the courts, we will fight you in the court of public opinion, we will fight you by giving money to just Public Lands causes, we will fight you by exposing your self dealing and corruption.

And ultimately, we will vote you and your anti Public Lands ilk out of office.
Cheers

Mark

Ye Shall Be Free To Roam…..

You do realize Zinke doesn’t read HT, don’t you?

Mark's actually working against his own agenda... Less he is a Russian spy undermining rational discussion on our DOI Secretary. :D

You go, Mark!

I learned something from Mark's post. California requires you to get a permit to cut down such a size tree on your own private property. Sounds radical to me. Hope this kind of thinking stays out of Montana.

Mark's the best fisherman on this website. Every cast gets multiple strikes. ;)

Makes me miss Jose.

No kidding! Has him on ignore yet posts on every one of his threads, mind boggling.

Not mind boggling at all! I don't see your home state listed. Are you also from Montana, as you're also one of the half dozen that seem to love to pile on people for no reason like Mtmiller, Greenhorn and my good buddy BuzzH,who was from Montana and now graces the great state of Wyoming?!

Last edited:
I learned something from Mark's post. California requires you to get a permit to cut down such a size tree on your own private property. Sounds radical to me. Hope this kind of thinking stays out of Montana.

Name one thing that isn't radical out there on the left coast!!!

I got a stern warning for picking up DEAD DRYING branches in the national forest outside of Tahoe. I was told- this is no shit- “Put it back. if you want firewood, go to Safeway and buy it like everyone else”

I’m not surprised this there is a regulation about what a person may do about trees they own, not an I surprised ‘mark’ is a Californian.

Name one thing that isn't radical out there on the left coast!!!

We dammed the largest salmon producing river in the lower 48, without fish passage, and used the water to supply irrigation water to 1,000s of farmers. While I view that as pretty radical, I think it's the opposite of what you were getting at.

From “The Hill”

Ryan, California really does not need you and your ilk. They have been doing a crappy job with their Public Lands long before you came around and will be doing so long after you are gone. They are proud to have beaches that are open to all Californians with turds floating by and hypodermic needles in the sand, rivers that you can paddle down without a wire fence stretched across it where trash such as tecate and bud light cans line the shore, areas that are closed to ride dirt bikes and use 4 x 4s and trucks to protect the turtles, they also closed half the ocean to sportfishing. they still have lands to hunt deer, elk, antelope, sheep, hogs, upland and small game when they are not closed for fire hazard. You can still hike from one end of the state to the other almost all on Public Lands where you might be abducted by human traffickers or pot farmers. .

Here I fixed it for him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back