Quote your first post

Pretty sure I dropped a fire meme or 2 in the hunting memes thread. But can't remember and too lazy to check at the moment. I like to put my weirdness out in the open early in the relationship these days...

First post was replying to a thread on crappie fishing. Second was about emailing my Senators on SR 621 & 622.

Found Fresh Tracks and this forum in 2017 (as I left college and moved), and have been kind of obsessed since- it replaced my Ozarks fishing forum addiction.

Mine was, "bought my raffle tickets". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

First post back in July 2008

“12 bonus points finally paid off. Drew Unit 8 archery bull. Planning and preparing to enjoy this practically once in a lifetime opportunity to the fullest.

spent a couple days in 8 over 4th of July. Did find one big bull in the making and one that was big on the left and stunted on the right along with a lot of other animals.

Heading for 5 day scout trip in a week. Aug.10-15

Ideas and suggestions always welcome. Have all the maps and personal observations plus suggestions and notes scratched all over them so starting to get a sense of where and how of this hunt. This next trip plus scouting another 4 days just prior to the opener should set me up fairly well, I hope. Anybody have specific suggestions about making the most of this mid-August scout trip, I can be contacted at the below address. I am guessing the bulls will be a bit more out and about than they were in July but we'll see soon enough.

From what I keep hearing I'll be the only DIY hunter who is hunting solo and not bringing along a whole posse of helpers and gawkers. Will be interesting to see if there is as big a crowd in every camp as I have heard. I have the whole season if needed. Can't wait.

If any previous unit 8 hunters might be willing to share some insights I'd sure appreciate it.

Kirby”

The first reply was Dinshooter saying “Dam people with 2 post getting on here and asking for info:) ”. LOL

First one from Nov 14, 2011. Didn't realize I had been fostering this compulsive digital behavior for so long. Good for me.

"I did the gutless method on three animals this year for the first time, 1 antelope and 2 deer. I boned everything out, put it in game bags and slipped it into my Kelty pack with about 6500 cubic inches. Didn't come close to filling it up. The deer was probably 70 lbs of just meat and was a 4 mile hike out, which was much better than dragging or a game cart. I will be doing this with almost all of my game. Also makes the butchering at home much less of a mess. Good luck!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back