Quitters

I did see my life flash before my eyes and thought I was truly pfhucked. It is really a miracle I was not hurt at all. Lost some gear including a Swarovski spotting scope but I should count my blessings. I’m celebrating with a can of beer I found along the bank that suffered more than me.
IMG_6551.jpeg

That was a close one, I am glad you weren't hurt. I think your truck might be done.
Thanks - truck is absolutely done and I’m sure still in the river. The towing company that came had zero chance tonight with the rig they brought. The adrenaline has not worn off. It was my son’s birthday & I’m glad not my last day. Crazy how my iPhone automatically called 911 by itself. Within a minute of the wreck - a guy was asking me on my phone if I was alright, along with many other questions. I’ve never been in a car wreck like that. Picked a few tree branches out of gear that I had (gun case, bags,etc, penetrated in several inches.

Will be hunting out of a rental next week🙂IMG_6550.jpeg

I did see my life flash before my eyes and thought I was truly pfhucked. It is really a miracle I was not hurt at all. Lost some gear including a Swarovski spotting scope but I should count my blessings. I’m celebrating with a can of beer I found along the bank that suffered more than me.
View attachment 305352
I am glad you are ok but I have to ask - how many Swarovski spotting scopes have you lost?

Glad you’re ok. Someone’s definitely looking out for you. I don’t think one green can would be enough for me after that.
Not sure I’ve ever seen a rollover end in a creek like that but I know I always get nervous on those skinny forest roads when they are greasy. Your experience looks like it justifies my feelings.
Definitely glad your okay and able to get after it again another day.

Great night on the gallatin. I hit trees upside down and 15 ft in the air and landed gracefully on my tires in the river. Didn’t make it to the trailhead, but I’m not quitting.
View attachment 305351
'Glad you are okay. Don't ever do that again! You likely have worn out the Saran Wrap lucky safety suit protection layer.
Don't quit ... just slow down a bit.

Back