Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Quiet Waters Screws the Pooch on the Mo

belly-deep

Anybody like rowing a driftboat upstream of the put in below Holter Dam?

Anybody like rowing upstream a few yards to drift through a run again?

Go read the rules. You won't be able to do that if it passes as-is.

I like parts of the initiative. But this part sucks. Time to flood with comment.

If I understand what you're talking about, I believe it is a mistake. The map legend recommends motorized use downstream only, however the chart lists it as downstream use only under the recommendations. As far as I understand, it is the former not the latter.

Is that what you're talking about, belly?

If I understand what you're talking about, I believe it is a mistake. The map legend recommends motorized use downstream only, however the chart lists it as downstream use only under the recommendations. As far as I understand, it is the former not the latter.

Is that what you're talking about, belly?

Yeah if you read the plain language, no boats can go upstream. Period. Which would rope driftboats in with the motorized because there is no distinction.

Yeah if you read the plain language, no boats can go upstream. Period. Which would rope driftboats in with the motorized because there is no distinction.

It was a mistake and would be changed... that's the word straight from Jeff Lukas. Robin Cunningham asked about it at the Bozeman meeting. Ask about it on BHA's Facebook page if you are worried.

It was a mistake and would be changed... that's the word straight from Jeff Lukas. Robin Cunningham asked about it at the Bozeman meeting. Ask about it on BHA's Facebook page if you are worried.

That's good to hear

Anybody like rowing upstream a few yards to drift through a run again?

Uhhhh.... that is part of the reason they designed the hulls of driftboats the way they do.

And, if you learn to read water, rowing upstream to the top of the hill is pretty simple, pretty common, and a great way to spend a day in a productive hole.

Uhhhh.... that is part of the reason they designed the hulls of driftboats the way they do.

And, if you learn to read water, rowing upstream to the top of the hill is pretty simple, pretty common, and a great way to spend a day in a productive hole.

I spent six years earning a living in a driftboat, so yeah, you're right.

But when the proposed regs say no boats can travel upstream, that's gonna pose a problem, don't ya think?

Well thats great to hear that they already have a revision on being able to row back up the river. I'm glad the guides can get their clients one more cast. I wonder if they will make a revision to the part that says, "this will not have a impact on small businesses" There were over 20 letters submitted to the FWP signed by Great Falls and the surrounding area small businesses at Great Falls meeting. Stating that they were never consulted or anything about this and that this would definitely be a negative impact. I'm sure glad you guys are able to row back up stream though.

Well thats great to hear that they already have a revision on being able to row back up the river. I'm glad the guides can get their clients one more cast. I wonder if they will make a revision to the part that says, "this will not have a impact on small businesses" There were over 20 letters submitted to the FWP signed by Great Falls and the surrounding area small businesses at Great Falls meeting. Stating that they were never consulted or anything about this and that this would definitely be a negative impact. I'm sure glad you guys are able to row back up stream though.

"You guys" includes the general public too, ya know. I'm not a guide anymore, and I was never a guide on the Mo, but I fish it often for my own enjoyment.

And you're welcome to row upstream as well. It's not like I possess some magic ex-guide powers that allow me to row upstream when you can't.

So I'm not sure what your problem is.

Forgive me I'm new to this site, although I have visited a time or two to check out some stories, pictures, it's a great site with a lot of knowledge that some one can learn somethings from. My comment was not entirely directed towards you, more so the whole quiet waters petition. I wonder if they've came up with their revision for "medical evacuation" and the "search and rescue" portion of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back