Quick Trip

AZ402

I made a quick scouting trip this A.M. for Javelina. A couple of the Idaho boys have the same tag as I do. Figured I'd post a few pics of the terrain, so they could get an idea of the area. The only javelina I saw today was a lone boar. Lots of fresh sign, should be a fun hunt.

P1170366.jpg

P1170374.jpg

P1170375.jpg

P1170383.jpg

P1170384.jpg

Nice pics!!!

That creek looks good enough to take a dive into

Dude thanks. That looks like some awesome country. It also looks tough to glass for those little guys in too.

How do you hunt for them baby pigs? Is it all just glassing?

Where do they like to hang out?

What is a day in the life of a little piggie?

Great looking country. That looks like a nice Coues buck, too.

That's funny! I did watch a coues doe eat the green grass on the birm of a tank for about 10 minutes yesterday. I couldn't find a buck near her. The rut might be over in that part of the state.

How do you hunt for them baby pigs? Is it all just glassing? A lot of glassing for sure.

Where do they like to hang out? The love to eat prickly pear cactus. A good hill side with a lot of prickly pear is a good place to start. They'll bed somewhere real thick usually. I have seen them under Juniper trees bedded quite a bit as well.

What is a day in the life of a little piggie?eat, sleep, crap. They're mostly a morning/evening hunt. The one I saw yesterday was at 11:3 A.M., you just never know when you may see one.

Cool Pics! Some great looking country there. Javi's are are my short term bucket list. Can't wait to see the scouting pay off...

Ernesto, good chance you draw out when you're ready. If you have a few days, odds are you'll get one.

One more for the road, I really like the area we'll be hunting.

P1170380.jpg

Ernesto, good chance you draw out when you're ready. If you have a few days, odds are you'll get one.

One more for the road, I really like the area we'll be hunting.

P1170380.jpg

Az how often do you see pigs in town? They are all over the east verde and they come into my brother place in Payson every other day...prescott too....

Az how often do you see pigs in town? They are all over the east verde and they come into my brother place in Payson every other day...prescott too....

I see them in Cottonwood and Sedona quite a bit. They are ranging wider and wider each year it seems. I've seen them at 7800ft on Mingus Mountain.

Back