Yeti GOBOX Collection

Questions about Colorado

Guppie,
My wife and I lived In Greeley for a couple years. Being from Denver/Boulder, it wasn’t much different for us. The college campus was nice, the people seemed friendly too, but there was no getting used to the constant smell of the stock yard… No matter where you were in town, you had a constant reminder staining your nose.
The beauty of that town is that it is smaller than Denver, you’ve got the Rockies 20 minutes west, and the cost of a home is not quite as high as in Denver/Castle Rock/ Colorado Springs (Which is all pretty much one big city at this point).
And being so close to Wyoming isn’t bad either if you like hunting… They always have leftover deer and antelope tags near by!
Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

I live about 20 miles north of Greeley. I personally don't like Greeley. Its too busy there and has alot of traffic and some crime. There are alot of small towns nearby like Eaton or Wellington that will give you a small town feel and have less crime. Cost of living in North Colorado isn't too bad, but cost of housing is substantially higher than in many places. If you have any specific questions, email me and I'll help you as much as I can.

justdada said:
but there was no getting used to the constant smell of the stock yard… No matter where you were in town, you had a constant reminder staining your nose.

Ha, that's the first thing I thought when I saw you were considering Greeley. Sometimes the wind blows east to west and we can smell it 35 miles away in Ft. Collins.

hehe...actually, I think we are looking more at Loveland/Ft. Collins. We are going to spend a weekend there over Christmas and check things out. It looks as though we are definately moving out of Alaska in the summer of '08, but we still haven't decided where. We are going to look at some different areas this summer and make a decision. My vote is still for Colorado, but we want to physically go to some areas and look around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back