Caribou Gear Tarp

Questioning my life choices…

I had to do a blend door on my 08 f250, and I told myself if I am gonna do this I am replacing everything, and doing this once. Turned out to be a pretty easy job, about 3 1/2 hours. My forearms were all tore up tho lol.

I been a mechanic for 25 years. had more dashboards out than I want to think about. these pics are a porsche carrera gt. last time I saw it even the engine and interior were out of it. it is getting painted suspension upgrades and new camshafts (every 10-15 k miles) In the engine

Attachments

• 20220507_093842.jpg
    20220507_093842.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 20
  • 20220507_093841.jpg
    20220507_093841.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
Heater core went out again, this time it was leaking in the floorboard. Replaced the first time in December of 2020.
Unless you used a subpar part on the first go round, you may want to check your cooling system for electrolysis. Heater core restrictions are common on those trucks but not leaks.

Unless you used a subpar part on the first go round, you may want to check your cooling system for electrolysis. Heater core restrictions are common on those trucks but not leaks.
It was a mopar replacement part which don’t mean much.

Good gawd!

Replaced a heater core once and only once. 1953 Chev stock truck back in 1980s. A piece of cake.

I had the dash out of my '99 Jimmy once to change instrument panel. It wasn't that bad. Didn't even have to drop the steering wheel. And then a second time to get at ECM computer. Jimmy wouldn't start one morning and dead ECM came up on diagnostic. So I got another one, did the routine to mate it to my vehicle, put the Jimmy back together, and still a no go. Turns out ... are you ready for this ... the fuse blew for CIGARETTE LIGHTER! No shit! The ECM is on the same lead and GM doesn't label it in fuse box. Be forewarned, some Dodge are wired the same way. Not sure if their fuse is properly identified. I have no idea why the lighter fuse went. I don't smoke and always use designated outlets for charging phone etc. that are on a separate lead. The junkyard ECM started up but would quit after fifteen seconds so I went back to original and it's worked fine to this day. I could probably pull that dash blindfolded now.

Last edited:
I been a mechanic for 25 years. had more dashboards out than I want to think about. these pics are a porsche carrera gt. last time I saw it even the engine and interior were out of it. it is getting painted suspension upgrades and new camshafts (every 10-15 k miles) In the engine
Painted suspension? What's that supposed to do, boost the power or mpg? Where do they hide the shoehorn needed to get in an out of that thing?

I thought I was pretty special the other day when I stitched the splash shield back together on my truck with some tenacious tape and zip ties. This makes me feel completely inadequate.

Last edited:
I thought I was pretty special the other day when I stitched the splashed shield back together on my truck with some tenacious tape and zip ties. This makes me feel completely inadequate.
I have seen miracles performed with zip ties. It's another aspect of the mechanical repair world.

It is a shame manufacturers don't go back to old style copper core heater radiators. Short lived disposable aluminum and plastic is fine for cooling rads because those are relatively accessible (key word is "relatively"), but heater cores are buried in the bowels of the automobile. Consumers would rather pay a little more money for a lifetime copper tube heater core than put up with extended down time and big time shop bill replacing the cheap aluminum ones a couple of times.

Last edited:
When I saw the first photo, my mind immediately went to “Hell yes- another ‘marmot in a truck’ thread.”

Unfortunately, it was not to be.

I'm a better than average mechanic. I will not work on anything that requires opening the passenger doors.
I am getting old enough now that I don't feel like fixing everything. That just might be my new motto for working on things.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back