Questioning my life choices…

It was kinda of a good thing as well because I found this (Evaporator core)was bad as well.

Attachments

• CE025014-6164-46E8-BA28-118FD18169DF.jpeg
    CE025014-6164-46E8-BA28-118FD18169DF.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 23
Yep, had to do that in my 1999 expedition to replace a $20 blend door. I'm not that mechanically inclined, so for me it was scary as hell, but it all went back together fine.

Yep, had to do that in my 1999 expedition to replace a $20 blend door. I'm not that mechanically inclined, so for me it was scary as hell, but it all went back together fine.
Yep. The only reason I did it is because I wasn't gonna let the kid pay $1000 bucks to R&R a $60 dollar part. Intimidating at first, but patience helps. mtmuley

Yep. The only reason I did it is because I wasn't gonna let the kid pay $1000 bucks to R&R a $60 dollar part. Intimidating at first, but patience helps. mtmuley
Yep, I think labor was quoted to me for $1400...so I bought a case of beer for a buddy who is mechanically inclined and we tore that sucker apart. IIRC took us about 8 hrs.

The two times I’ve replaced a heater core the manual said to remove the dash.

The first time, I had to get a flex driver, and got my hand a little stuck a couple times, but I didn’t have to pull the dash, and got it done in about 2hrs.

The second time YouTube was a thing, and there were videos showing just how to worm everything in and outta there without removing the dash. Again, about 2hrs, and no dash removal.

I think I got lucky twice. I’m sure there are vehicles out there that absolutely require removing the dash.

Twenty five years ago I was the Parts and Service Director at my families Ford Dealership. I guy comes in with the dash on his new f150 all tore to pieces.
I asked what happened. He said when he went into the feed store he tossed his bag of beef jerky in the glove box. His beagle decided he wasnt finished with it and proceeded to rip the dash apart trying to get that bag of jerky. Now itvwasnt quite as bad as the previous picks but it looked like a griz got loose in that cab. Certainly would expected that level of damage from a dog.

So this is what I am looking forward to when I HAVE to pull the dash out of my Tacoma to get to the rat nest in the pipes, Fan works but ho blow. No AC or heat. Damn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back