Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Question

ELKCHSR

If you bought a horse for $50 and sold it for $60, then bought the horse back for $70 and sold it for $80.
What would your proffit be?
This is a real question, and would like some real guesses. :)

Gross revenue $140...Gross profit $20....net profit depends on how long you boarded that hay burner, how much your vet bills were during that time, and what it cost to cast the wrist of your daughter that got bucked off (been there and done that) :mad:

20 i agree i got lost but 10 is the whatever but 20 is what they said i hate math :D

I think its $10. Since you sold it for 10 more than you baught it for but then baught it back for 10 more thanyou sold it. But resold it for 10 more than you baught it for the second time.
So the answer is $10.
Quick Draw

i was right QD but i agreed with men theres the reason why im wrong :D i think was 10too maybe i should ask myself not go with men :eek: lol

That was a great turn out... thanks guys....
The answer is $20 dollars..
The trap for some here is only looking at the one horse, imagine it is two horses involved and you borrowed the money for each.
Each sale netted you $10.....
This is actually a pretty well known test in the Psychology circles; it has to do with a group exercise, each person putting their 2cents in so to say.
With some of the well known people coming up with the right answer immediately, even if some of you thought they were wrong, you still pretty much went along with what they had to say even if you had misgivings....
Thanks... :)

Makes sense as explained in last post EC but first post infers the transaction involving the same horse with the inflated buyback price of the second transaction nullifying the profit taken during the first transaction...thus the second transaction ends the chain netting $10.

I definitely see the psychological point though..good post.

My question would be Why would you sell a Horse for $60 in the first place ? Logic would dictate that that is A crappy horse in the First place ... LEMME cut and Paste some Internet Facts :

Bart Harris of Pendleton, Oregon, rode two consignments, with Lot 26, Cool Town Willy winning the cutting and Lot 59, Docs late Night winning the roping contest. Dee Bailey of Hermiston won the Reining and Versatility Championships on Lot 17, Primo Dry Doc consigned by Diamond X Bar Ranch. The yearling halter champion was BNL Huck Flinn, consigned by Bonina. Pat Beard riding Lot 21, Success In Dun won the Halter Horse Class and the Overall Ranch Horse Championship. He was awarded an insulated horse blanket donated by Columbia River Trading of Kennewick, WA. Class Champions received headstalls made by R&R Saddle N Stitch and halter class winners received championship halters and ropes.

Sale average for all riding horses was $4,580. The top selling horse was the cutting mare, Lot 4, Smart Lil Tenisha, commanding $20,000 and selling to Warren Podany of Nebraska. 6 cutting horses sold for an average price of $10,200.

The high selling Rope Horse was Lot 21, Success In Dun, selling for $9,000 to Mike Cobb, Ephrata, WA. 3 Rope Horses brought an average price of $6,367.

High selling Reining Horse was Lot 17, Primo Dry Doc, consigned by Diamond X Bar Ranch. He sold for $6,500 to Ted Milgard, Walla Walla, WA. Two Reiners brought an average of $4,850.

Among the 2 Year Old Prospects consignments, Lot 27, Dual Co Motion brought $4,800 to Warren Podany of Nebraska and Lot 29, Bearlys Playgirl sold f or $4,500 to Gayle Wilkinson, Buckley, WA. Both colts were trained by Jose Magana of Bonina. The average for 2 Year Old Prospects was $2,550.

Lead Through horses were topped by the broodmare Lot 56, Sheza Fancy Mocha, $1,700 selling to Rick Machado, Escalon, CA. The Champion Halter colt, BNL Huck Flinn sold to Wylie Gustafson, Dusty, WA for $1,400. 3 colts brought an average of $1,267.

Also on a Talk forum I found this :

lovechick 02-22-03, 09:31
Thanks guys, i love riding its a lot of fun, cant wait to get my own horse.. Bytheway does anybody know what is the average price for a horse? Are geldings more expensive than stallions? And I was reading a horse book and it says to shoe and trim horses hooves every month, if the horse is only ridden on soft ground and sometimes one hard, do u just trim their hooves or shoe them too? Also I wanted to ask if 1 acre of land is enough for 1 horse to keep there, cause we 1 acre and I'm not sure if its big enough.

Ok thats it, thanks a lot again..:angel2:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The animal gurl 02-22-03, 12:40
Well I see a lot of cheap horses. But you can buy two yearlings for $400 because they aren't trained but a trained winning show horse can go up to $40,000. Or if you buy from a special breeder they can cost up to 200,000 if they have winning show lines. But if you were to adopt there is a chance of them being spooky or have vices. So there really isn't a normal/average price for a horse it is pretty much the quality. Hope I was some help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope that helps :D :D

Back