Question for everyone

C17loadclear

Hey guys,

So we recently moved to north Idaho and absolutely love it and don’t want anything to change.

Here is the question that has been bugging me and I thought maybe someone on here can explain it to me..

Why would someone move to another state because of their current state’s policies and then turn around and try to change the way things are in the new state?

Makes absolutely no sense to me..

Thanks!!

Making an assumption about the reasons some one moves to a different state is a mistake.

No one need to surrender their world view based on someone else's world view.

Hey guys,

So we recently moved to north Idaho and absolutely love it and don’t want anything to change.

Here is the question that has been bugging me and I thought maybe someone on here can explain it to me..

Why would someone move to another state because of their current state’s policies and then turn around and try to change the way things are in the new state?

Makes absolutely no sense to me..

Thanks!!
Most states have a political viewpoints that varies with community, for example when I lived in north Idaho, Moscow was primarily Democratic while the surrounding communities of Genesee, Deary, Potlach was primarily Republican.

I think we all tend to do this. I am in the process of moving with my wife from Massachusetts to Montana. My beliefs and policies will be coming with me. It just happens that my beliefs and policies are the same as the traditional residents of Montana, and not Massachusetts. The people that moved and want to change things to what they moved from, left their states for different reasons. They probably hated the violence, population growth, or something else. But they liked the policies, rules, and laws.

I think moving to a “state” to escape a political view point might be tough (yes there are many exceptions) but geographically WITHIN each state is sometimes the peace you may have to settle for. Having spent most my life up and down the PNW huge differences between N&S and E&W.
Some states (MT, WY, ID (kinda)) are a bit more “balanced” . Wouldn’t make sense for say someone from the Bay Area wanting to want to escape from Cali politics and move to say Seattle but the east side maybe so. Just my two cents

I've experienced it. I grew up in a small dairy town in NW Connecticut. People from NYC would buy a weekend place, and then go to work banning the manure spreaders from the roads.

I have seen this happen too many times. Folks move to Vermont or buy second homes here, coming from the metro areas of the Northeast ... NYC, Boston, Hartford, etc. They are wealthy, and well educated. They come here for the rural lifestyle and skiing. However they quickly want to change the laws and rules because, "that's the way we did it where I come from". They don't want to see a floating duck blind in from of their million dollar lakefront dwelling (sorry about that, but those hunters on on public waters !!!). They don't like the smell of cow chit and want to restrict farmers from spreading near their homes. They don't want to be bothered by slow moving agriculture equipment on the road. They don't want to see hunters on public land when they are hiking and biking. They don't want to see fishermen near their multi thousand dollar dock systems. They complain about hearing gunshots coming from the marshes during duck season. More than once I got called into the office for my response of ,"if you don't like it here, go back to where you came from" 🤷‍♂️

I have seen this happen too many times. Folks move to Vermont or buy second homes here, coming from the metro areas of the Northeast ... NYC, Boston, Hartford, etc. They are wealthy, and well educated. They come here for the rural lifestyle and skiing. However they quickly want to change the laws and rules because, "that's the way we did it where I come from". They don't want to see a floating duck blind in from of their million dollar lakefront dwelling (sorry about that, but those hunters on on public waters !!!). They don't like the smell of cow chit and want to restrict farmers from spreading near their homes. They don't want to be bothered by slow moving agriculture equipment on the road. They don't want to see hunters on public land when they are hiking and biking. They don't want to see fishermen near their multi thousand dollar dock systems. They complain about hearing gunshots coming from the marshes during duck season. More than once I got called into the office for my response of ,"if you don't like it here, go back to where you came from" 🤷‍♂️
Couldnt of said it any better myself. Another thing I'll add is I can't tell you how many times I've had people trespassing on either of my grandparents farms where the new subdivisions back up to. Its always the same answer "I didnt think anybody owned this place".🙄

Many people move for economic reasons not political. I recently met a couple that sold their ranch style older house in Cali for over 2 mil in the Bay area. The moved to Florida and bought a very nice place for $1.8 million in a exclusive waterfront community. Its also a matter of political extremes. They think Cali has gone too far. They would be considered conservatives in Cali but here they would be left leaning swing or moderates. Make no mistake what the OP is talking about is happening in many areas. In my opinion people are becoming more progressive or left leaning even in traditional conservative areas due to the education system and the overall culture molded by social media and the traditional media.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back