Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Question for CA home based FFL

Redmt

I was going to order some.17 ammo from Midsouth yesterday and have it sent to my local-ish home based FFL guy. Midsouth told me that my FFL guy had to order it. Is that the general rule or is it just Midsouth. I've been a Midsouth customer for years if that matters.

I think everyone has their own rules out of state and in state.....I think it's just preference of whether or not the want to deal with it. Shouldn't be an issue for someone to ship too CA, but they are likely treating it like a firearm and want to confirm they are an FFL on the receiving end.

If that's what Midsouth told you, then it's probably a Midsouth policy because they want to limit their liability.

Don't like it? Don't buy ammo from Midsouth.

If that's what Midsouth told you, then it's probably a Midsouth policy because they want to limit their liability.

Don't like it? Don't buy ammo from Midsouth.
I have no problem with Midsouth. They have treated me very well over the years. Right now, Midsouth has the best price and availability. I was looking for an answer from a CA FFL, but thanks for your input.

The question was whether or not I could order and have it sent to an FFL. Midsouth told me that I couldn't order ammo that an FFL had to order it.
That's how I answered, out of state FFLs/ammo shops probably have a myriad of company policies as to whether or not they want to deal with CA or not. Some, like Midsouth, are treating ammo like a firearm and only want to ship too and FFL per an FFL order. Likely the most restrictive policy out there.

Other dealers likely won't be as restrictive.

Per the law can you order and have it shipped to an FFL, yes. But, each dealer/company is going to have their own policies as to how that process is going to take place.

Got it, thanks. I kinda thought it was a Midsouth policy and not the FFL rules. I can see where no one wants to get crossed up with CA bullshit. The joys of living in paradise.

You should be able to place the order but it has to be shipped to an FFL per state law. That said, some places ignore the state law because it doesnt apply to them out of state and it interferes with interstate commerce laws which are federal. Then the law comes down to the consumer receiving the package “illegally” in CA. We are a special kind of stupid here.

Selway Armory has been easy to work with and will ship to your designated FFL.

Back