Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Put a muley down in the rut with my bow

Cool buck. I know that you can use a bow during the general season if you like, but where does it say that you can harvest more than one antlered deer in a season in Montana? Im not trying to be a policeman, I just want in if it's possible.

Never mind. Found it. Are these b tags the same cost as the regular b tags? If its an archery only area, do they still make you wear orange?

Last edited:
I've hunted that ranch before too.... pretty wide open but definitely a few critters around....;

Did you gut him with a knife you fashioned out of a sharpened toothbrush? ;)

I had to look hard for this muley, found one other worth shooting...yeah a few decent whitey"carp" deer on there...but in the restricted zone...it was a tough hunt..lots of walking.

Cool buck. I know that you can use a bow during the general season if you like, but where does it say that you can harvest more than one antlered deer in a season in Montana? Im not trying to be a policeman, I just want in if it's possible.

Never mind. Found it. Are these b tags the same cost as the regular b tags? If its an archery only area, do they still make you wear orange?

Great. Now you're gonna have company. I would have told them it was from another state.

Great. Now you're gonna have company. I would have told them it was from another state.

K...

1. Already a lot of cars and trucks in the parking lots
2. Many guys know about it and don't do it for a couple of reasons.
3. It is not an easy hunt, you have a lot of competion already.
4. A little fib can get you a load of trouble...I don't play that way.
5. That is why I went, to see if I could shoot a deer with guys running all around me.

Not trying to ruin anything, if you hunt here and think the place is a secret, well...sorry.
I know many guys that have hunted it, some still do...some don't for different reasons.
The paperwork alone gets rid of a lot of them.
Bottom line, not giving anyone a chance to start rumors.

Mt lion, the other guy said its in the regs and he could shoot 4 more. Doesn't take a genius more than 5 minutes with the book to find it. Wasnt trying to let any cat out of the bag. If anybody wants to keep "honey holes" secret it's me. I edited my post twice but I should have nuked it. I was just letting those know who were asking that it is legal and possible.....just read the regs. Sorry if I gave out too much info. Nice buck again Brandon....you are really dedicated to archery and your decoys. Nice going.

Doesn't take a genius more than 5 minutes with the book to find it.

So why did it take you so long to learn about it? It took someone's internet post for you to figure it out.

Branden, not trying to be a dick whatever information you wish to divulge on the internet is your business. I will say this, I have read enough posts on other forums by and about some of those commenting on this thread to know enough that you don't give them the slightest idea of where you're at because they WILL be there and bring their friends. I've seen what's happened in the past. If you can live with that, then cool.

The best part is....

• Oct 20 - Jan 01 — Either-sex Mule Deer. ArchEquip only.
— Either-sex White-tailed Deer. ArchEquip only

I know guys like to protect "honey holes" I do too, but this one is different...I am not going to lie and say I shot it in another state though...not me...not trying to start a fire either.
it is a hard hunt and very, very wide open...it will take very dedicated guys to try it...and even more dedicated to kill stuff there...most of the animals are pushed out into the middle of fields...
Talked to 5 guys while I was there...one had hunted it for 25 days and not killed a thing, another just said he had been hitting it every weekend since it opened. Not one of the guys had killed yet.
Guys I know have tried it and struck out...they don't go anymore...other love it...it is not a cake walk.
So, if someone wants to try it...go for it..

It's funny what this post has turned into... That spot is no secret. And it is a very difficult area to hunt, which is why you don't hear people talking about it. The surrounding NF, public, or block management areas are better, not to mention 100 times less of a headache to get on to...

Now to get back on topic. Big congrats to Branden for shooting a great buck out of there. I guarantee he busted his ass, because that ranch doesn't produce very many deer like that.

Back