Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Purr-fect decoys

I am thinking about going to those as well. I rarely use decoys and when I do, I find myself thinking of how bulky most are. I have hunted with Avian X before and they are HEAVY. Hopefully these are what I have been looking for.

These decoys are great for the DIY hunter who is getting back on public land to hunt. I see a lot of people carrying the full size ones...and that only makes me think they are on private and not far from their rig. Cause I sure wouldn't want to haul those things around the woods.

The purrfect decoy actually don't look too bad but are a little pricey for what you get. I had the flat Montana decoy and ended up returning it because it would disappear if turkeys were off to the side. I mostly use Avian X hens and boy do they look nice. Deflated they aren't too bulky but blown up you need a pretty big bag/pack to fit. They don't weigh that much so weight hasn't ever bothered me...and I hike a lot of miles!

The sets I use that generally work the best have either a jake or tom in them...and they take up a lot more space than hens. Something down the lines of a chicken on a stick, thunder chicken, or funky chicken take up less room and less weight than some of the other full sized jake/tom decoys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back