Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Pup choices

We live in town, nowhere close by for a high performance dog to run, and have a postage stamp of a yard. Unless I can convince my wife to move up north, or at least somewhere with some acreage, I'm procrastinating on getting a hunting dog. If somehow someday the stars align, it would likely be a Drahthaar.

We live in town, nowhere close by for a high performance dog to run, and have a postage stamp of a yard. Unless I can convince my wife to move up north, or at least somewhere with some acreage, I'm procrastinating on getting a hunting dog. If somehow someday the stars align, it would likely be a Drahthaar.
I live in town in a 750 sq ft home with a small back yard and until May 2019 I had THREE hunting dogs: two Labs and a French Brittany. Now down to just the one Lab and French Brittany. During hunting season we live in a 19 ft camper for a couple of months. I have managed fine. My Ellie is a bit high maintenance for a Lab but certainly no problem. She is massively affectionate which can often be annoying for visitors. I live alone so massively affectionate is no bother. Not sure if I could get along without it. 20201120_150237.jpg
Camper life 2020.

Get a Lab.

FWIW, we live in town and don’t have a large yard. As long as you have somewhere to train and take them to exercise, you’ll be fine. My Drahthaar is one of the easiest keeping house dogs I’ve had.

FWIW, we live in town and don’t have a large yard. As long as you have somewhere to train and take them to exercise, you’ll be fine. My Drahthaar is one of the easiest keeping house dogs I’ve had.
It surprises me your pup is an easy house dog. I once had two heelers that were pretty close to being wild. One of them ate the stucco off my house. Found ranch homes for them where they were better off.

Ellie's "massively affectionate" frustration with COVID lockdown boredom. "Get off the couch and take me for a walk!" A Lab may not be the dog for you ... if you don't like being loved ... forcefully.20210125_112007.jpg

Our local dog park has been an absolute god send. Not only for the exercise, but the socialization as well. Even our local school track is fenced in for some much needed running, if the dog park is too muddy.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back