MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Public servants and “journalists”

https://theintercept.com/2023/01/29/grizzly-bear-endangered-montana/

Above is a link to an article about the politics in mt and how a biologist disagrees with the current political situation. No matter your political leanings this article is garbage. Griz aren’t managed by the states currently so why is doctor Serveen concerned? No matter what the states want they can’t legally kill bears. I’m always skeptical when a once gov employee goes into the private sector and tries to make a name for themselves
I'm sure the Dr. values your opinion.

Anyone following grizzly bears for more than the last two years would know Servheen's name from all of his prior work with bears over the last 35 years. Maybe some were wondering why a delisting proponent no longer favors state control.

"By the time he retired from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in 2016, Servheen had become a prominent advocate of the view that federal grizzly bear recovery efforts had worked and the time for delisting had come. Now the president and board chair of the Montana Wildlife Federation, the state’s oldest and largest conservation organization, Servheen’s position on the delisting question has turned 180 degrees. The reason is rooted in politics, and what he sees as a wave of fact-free “hysteria” sweeping the Rocky Mountain West."

“I couldn’t have seen this coming,” the veteran bear biologist said. “For years, I was leading the recovery program and advocating that we should recover grizzly bears and delist the bears and turn them over to state management because I had a lot of faith in the state, that the state was making management decisions based on science and facts." That’s no longer the case. “I can’t support that given the politicians doing what they’re doing,” Servheen said. “And this has just happened in the past two years. It’s totally new.”

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back