Public Land Trail Cam Etiquette

You find a trail cam on public land, do you...


  • Total voters
    45
If I found PBR I would leave it for the bears.

I don't touch trail cams.

I have lost 2 cameras in the last 3 years. In each case there was a picture of the same guy on nearby cams. Cams were 40 air miles apart in different districts, and one was 6 miles in. Both were pointed at horse trails (which actually pisses me off when other people do it) so I am not real surprised. I have no clue who the guy is.

If I could get the cam or the card back, I would pick the card.
 
So far 1/4 would pull the card and return as normal. The vast majority, 2/3 would not touch it all - fair. 1/20 people would likely not show their face, but leave evidence of a red rocket or moon.

Kinda figured it would be along these lines. I would say, after the comments of this thread, that the ethics and legality of it is definitely a bit shady. But if anyone finds my cams and checks the cards, please put in new batteries in haha.
 
Make sure you carry a little card for the cam that says "you're a ***" when you drop the batwing lol.

Bad enough you gotta watch you back taking a deuce in the woods without someone getting an instant update on their cell cam.
 
I don't like it when people steal from me.

I don't steal from people.

Someone else who is a thief will soon be along to steal it on public land.

If you leave it on my land, you've given it to me.

If you are trespassing on me, you are STEALING the use of my property. I'll treat it the same as any other thief or theft. Thieves and trespassers are notorious liars.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,118
Messages
2,250,305
Members
39,096
Latest member
Zmt406
Back
Top