Public land nemesis

It might be cause I got some pics but I have a really good feeling this year. In past years I felt defeated before I even hit the treestands cause he seemed like a ghost. I also have been very disciplined this year. I have not even hunted remotely close to his area unless the conditions are absolutely perfect. Just gonna keep this approach until the peak of the rut.

Great story! I hope you get him this year. You have put in the time and effort!
If you are like me, you probably have mixed emotions. On one hand you really want to get him and the other hand you hope he gets away from you. I've developed a lot of respect for old bucks that are somehow able to survive season after season on public land.

I just now stumbled onto this thread and I am hooked now.
I’m definitely pulling for you to finally get your hands on him. That’s an awesome buck.

No I have not harvested him yet....but in other news there is a this mythical older than dirt 2pt that I get about 1 pic a year of and I have only ever seen him in the field one time and that was last February. I didnt think he was gonna make the winter as he did not look very good. I have yet to get a pic of him this year and was figuring he moved on to the deer afterlife. That all changed today as I finally got a pic of him and about 3 minutes after the pic my buddies son made a great shot on him from the ground at 10 yards. This is his first archery harvest of any kind and was gonna shoot any legal deer and it just happened to be this old guy. He is pumped and I couldn't be happier for him. Such a great deer.

Moments before the harvest.
Screenshot_20201112-195846_File Viewer.jpg
And after.
11122019021.jpg
1112201908a1.jpg

Great to see a kid take a buck that old! He definitely looks like he lived ALOT. Good luck getting it done on Chief - goes without saying that we can't wait to see you holding him.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back