• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

Public land nemesis

JDH

Is there a chance he hangs out in a spot he can see you or other hunters come in or out? Pretty crazy he came by middle of the day when you weren't out there.

Hilljackoutlaw

Is there a chance he hangs out in a spot he can see you or other hunters come in or out? Pretty crazy he came by middle of the day when you weren't out there.
Being it was a Saturday my guess is he got bumped by waterfowl hunters and thats why he was there at that time.

Hilljackoutlaw

PSA: never go into the woods without your weapon during the rut!

I had a nice Thanksgiving morning sit. About 830am one of the mature 10 points covered in the fresh snow came by my stand and gave me some nice views. I sat until 10am and then headed back to the kayak to get home for the Holiday.
20201126_111731.jpg
Trail cam pic of the morning buck.
Screenshot_20201021-172651_Photos.jpg

On the drive home I decided to stop and check a couple trail cams that are short 3ish minute walks from the truck. Since they were so close I just left the bow in the truck. NEVER DO THIS!!!
I shut the door on the one camera and turn around take two steps and I got two buck with 15 yards of me grunting and carrying on. A forkie and good 10 point. Not sure i would of shot him but would of been nice to of had my bow with me to make a choice.
20201126_124745.jpg 20201126_124933.jpg

I watched him carry on very angrily for about 10 minutes taking pics with my phone. He was drooling, panting, snorting, grunting, stomping, bluff charging, and so on. It was awesome..well as awesome as it could of been without my bow or good camera.