MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Public land nemesis

Do you have any different plans this season to make it happen? This buck clearly has you pegged unfortunately and I'm curious as to what you can do differently to make it happen This fall.

Do you have any different plans this season to make it happen? This buck clearly has you pegged unfortunately and I'm curious as to what you can do differently to make it happen This fall.
I have moved 3 stands. 2 slightly and one all the way to the other side of a bedding area. Ill approach them from different ways each time. Not much else I can do. He shows up multiple times in daylight come the rut every year. I just gotta be there when he does. He didn't get to be 7 or 8 by being dumb. I also have a new stand in a new area for early season that I have high hopes for. But if he out smarts me again this year that'll be OK, its just fun playing cat and mouse with him. If he ever dies or I harvest him ill have a big void to fill in my life. Haha

I have moved 3 stands. 2 slightly and one all the way to the other side of a bedding area. Ill approach them from different ways each time. Not much else I can do. He shows up multiple times in daylight come the rut every year. I just gotta be there when he does. He didn't get to be 7 or 8 by being dumb. I also have a new stand in a new area for early season that I have high hopes for. But if he out smarts me again this year that'll be OK, its just fun playing cat and mouse with him. If he ever dies or I harvest him ill have a big void to fill in my life. Haha
Thats awesome. Sounds like this public is a little honey hole for you with no other pressure as well which is good!

Funny you ask. Tonight I sat on the fringe of the core area this buck lives. I am trying my best to stay completely out of the core area until November. So tonight at 7pm I seen a deer and he was in the brush and I got two glimpses of him about 80 yards thru binocs and I'm pretty confident it was him. It got the blood pumping! And buck fever was in full effect! Lol
Since I have been staying out of there tho I haven't checked cameras or anything. So when I do and get a pic ill share it.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back