Public land nemesis

Wild last 1.5 hours of the season in stand tonight. Saw 3 eight points (one of which was one eye the terrible), 1 nine point, 2 six points, a doe and fawn, and chief. I could of shot every deer within 30 yards except chief.

The fawn was in heat and came right under my stand. Every other deer came the way of the fawn except chief. The fawn and doe went out to the field a couple hundred yards from me as I watched them right before dark a third deer joined them and it was chief so I scrambled down my tree and snuck out to the field. I managed to get 80 yards from him but just ran out of daylight. So I just watched him silhouetted on a small hill in the field against the white snow. Great hunt and happy to finally get a look at him while hunting this year even if it was the last 10 minutes of the season.

Side note the one six point kept trying to mount the other 6 point. It was strange. Then they proceeded to spar pretty hard. They were identical 1.5 year old bucks.

Last edited:
That’s incredible, In one hunt you saw about as many bucks as I’ve seen in 2.5 months! I’m glad you got to experience that and hopefully he stays healthy and well until next season when you finally slide that arrow between his ribs!

That’s incredible, In one hunt you saw about as many bucks as I’ve seen in 2.5 months! I’m glad you got to experience that and hopefully he stays healthy and well until next season when you finally slide that arrow between his ribs!
I saw the exact amount buck tonight as I did all season combined. I saw 7 bucks total in the stand all year, and 7 tonight in less that 1.5 hours. That's hunting in a nutshell for ya right there.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back